Checking a fan with luggage

pearose

Two of our party want to bring a fan for their cabin. They have two 12" fans. They are asking if those can be checked with luggage to be delivered to the room or do you have to carry those on?

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Two of our party want to bring a fan for their cabin. They have two 12" fans. They are asking if those can be checked with luggage to be delivered to the room or do you have to carry those on?

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Oooooo. Don’t know. I do travel with a small electric fan — about 6” in diameter that I pack in my suitcase. It’s small, but it moves enough air for me.

I bring my lightweight Honeywell plug-in fan in my carry on bag. I have never had a problem going through the x-ray machines at the security check.

Do you also bring an extension cord? I have a small 6 inch fan which I would like to take too, but have never been on Celebrity..Don't know if an extension cord would be needed..

Don't bring an extension cord. They will confiscate it. When you get to your cabin, ask your room attendant. They will be glad to bring you one. We always travel with a fan and have never had any trouble cruising with them.

I've never had a problem checking my 8" fan. It is a plastic, light weight, portable fan. We need a fan for white noise and I need it for....well, those pesky hot flashes.

If you've got a tablet/iphone/ipad try downloading an app called Sleep Pillow. It's a white noise machine I use and it's excellent. Lots of different noises including a fan. Not the real thing, but pretty good. Doesn't cool you down though;)

Phil

Several CC members have mentioned that their fans have been confiscated when boarding the ship. Maybe you should talk to Celebrity and ask if they are allowed and of what size since their list of prohibited articles is not included a fan.

If you've got a tablet/iphone/ipad try downloading an app called Sleep Pillow. It's a white noise machine I use and it's excellent. Lots of different noises including a fan. Not the real thing, but pretty good. Doesn't cool you down though;)

Phil

I use sleep pillow when we travel. I love it. The thunderstorm is my favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil

Oooh good tip, I just downloaded it and will try it tonight. Thanks :D