Info on recent Star class on Allure

GINNY L

I will be on Allure in a couple of weeks in my first star class cabin. I read on other posts that they virtually did not pay for anything including the Chefs dinner with wine pairing, the prohibition party and the sushi class. When I heard back from my Genie, Marla, and she indicated on those things would be extra for us. Also she said we could not get on the ship until 11am. I saws posts where they state when they were in the star class they were able to board around 930am - 10am.

If anybody has recently been in star class and did the Chefs dinner with wine pairing, prohibition party or the sushi class please let me know if it was included or not. Also what time they were able to board.

Thanks for any info that people can give me.

I will be on Allure in a couple of weeks in my first star class cabin. I read on other posts that they virtually did not pay for anything including the Chefs dinner with wine pairing, the prohibition party and the sushi class. When I heard back from my Genie, Marla, and she indicated on those things would be extra for us. Also she said we could not get on the ship until 11am. I saws posts where they state when they were in the star class they were able to board around 930am - 10am.

If anybody has recently been in star class and did the Chefs dinner with wine pairing, prohibition party or the sushi class please let me know if it was included or not. Also what time they were able to board.

Thanks for any info that people can give me.

We sailed Star Class on Harmony last week and Allure August 2016.

You can not board the ship until it has been cleared and guests are allowed to board. This typically is around 10:45 to 11am. However, before Star Class the B2B guests board. I have read that there is the fee for the wine pairing for CT but I can not comment about paying for chef's table, sushi Class etc... There would have been a charge on the Escape the Rubicon on Harmony, but our friend paid for us to do it.

We sailed Star Class on Harmony last week and Allure August 2016.

You can not board the ship until it has been cleared and guests are allowed to board. This typically is around 10:45 to 11am. However, before Star Class the B2B guests board. I have read that there is the fee for the wine pairing for CT but I can not comment about paying for chef's table, sushi Class etc... There would have been a charge on the Escape the Rubicon on Harmony, but our friend paid for us to do it.

Thank you very much for responding. I appreciate all the information.

Thank you very much for responding. I appreciate all the information.

Ginny, it is unique how RC does it. For example drinks are Star Bucks are free but you have to pay for the food, such as a muffin. However any other type of drink or food item was free. For example milk shakes at JR were free, but summer 2016 on Allure there was a charge. The same for the up charged stakes and lobster at Chops - there was a fee August 2016 on Allure but not last week on Harmony. I can't remember if there was a charge in March 2017 when we sailed or not on Harmony.

Just a few heads up in advance to our experiences. Does not really clear anything up, but it should give you an idea of what you might expect.

Ginny, it is unique how RC does it. For example drinks are Star Bucks are free but you have to pay for the food, such as a muffin. However any other type of drink or food item was free. For example milk shakes at JR were free, but summer 2016 on Allure there was a charge. The same for the up charged stakes and lobster at Chops - there was a fee August 2016 on Allure but not last week on Harmony. I can't remember if there was a charge in March 2017 when we sailed or not on Harmony.

Just a few heads up in advance to our experiences. Does not really clear anything up, but it should give you an idea of what you might expect.

Thank you for the info. It sure does seem that things change with ships and from month to month.

Royal's inconsistency across the fleet in how their benefits are applied is disappointing. Whether something is included or not is Royal's call. For any level perk it should be consistent. If I sailed in a Star Class accommodation on Harmony and then sailed Allure, I would be annoyed if I was not charged on Harmony and then was on Allure. It wouldn't so much be the additional $$$ but expectations not being met.

This should be one of the easiest things to get right.

Royal's inconsistency across the fleet in how their benefits are applied is disappointing. Whether something is included or not is Royal's call. For any level perk it should be consistent. If I sailed in a Star Class accommodation on Harmony and then sailed Allure, I would be annoyed if I was not charged on Harmony and then was on Allure. It wouldn't so much be the additional $$$ but expectations not being met.

This should be one of the easiest things to get right.

You are so right.

We were on Allure last week in a Sky Loft Suite. We had to pay for sushi class. We didn’t do chefs table but our genie did tell us that the wine pairing was not free, just the meal. Don’t know about prohibition party.

Thank you for the information. Did you enjoy the Sushi class and was it worth the price?