Car rentals in Hawaii

calteacher

The fact that you rented through Costco is not relevant to your question. You will be treated just like you booked through any agency or direct on the rental car companies own web site. The best way to find out about any possible shuttle is to contact the individual rental car office. With some companies that is often impossible (the call gets routed to their national call center). If this happens just ask the specific question from their call center person and they should be willing to directly contact the local office and inquire as to whether they offer the service.

A couple of years ago, we rented a car from the Budget office in Hilo (also at the airport) and they told us we could call for shuttle service. When we got to the port we were happily surprised to see a Budget van waiting...and driver quickly ran us over to their office. I do recall there were some other rental car shuttles but have no memory from which other companies.

Hank

I agree with Hank, where you rented doesn't matter.

However, I am not sure why you didn't look on the Hawaii board. There are many threads about car rentals. I believe I have seen over there that Alamo no longer provides a shuttle.

In any case, the best source is the horse's mouth- call the local office of the company you are renting from.