passport info for check in

lightsleeper

Just wondering

Is Celebrity still asking for city of issue for your passport during on line check in

Yes they are. For US passports the city of issue is not listed anywhere in your passport book. I've always assumed that it was the city to which I mailed my passport renewal information. Since I just renewed my passport this year and mailed the renewal application to Philadelphia, PA (which I have always mailed it to in the past)I assumed it would be that and Philadelphia is what I entered in the past. Since I had to enter the new passport information for my upcoming cruise online check in I called the US passport office and inquired about the city of issue. The person I spoke with had me count back several symbols from the bottom line of code on the bottom row of the picture page. I read the code numbers and they told me that my passport was issued in Charlotte SC. My husband's was issued in Portsmouth, NH! The only way for anyone to know for sure is to call the passport agency. Since my previous passports all probably had the wrong City of Issue listed, I guess for US passports it doesn't much matter what you enter. The question may matter more for passports issued to passport holders from countries other than the US.

Yes they are. For US passports the city of issue is not listed anywhere in your passport book. I've always assumed that it was the city to which I mailed my passport renewal information. Since I just renewed my passport this year and mailed the renewal application to Philadelphia, PA (which I have always mailed it to in the past)I assumed it would be that and Philadelphia is what I entered in the past. Since I had to enter the new passport information for my upcoming cruise online check in I called the US passport office and inquired about the city of issue. The person I spoke with had me count back several symbols from the bottom line of code on the bottom row of the picture page. I read the code numbers and they told me that my passport was issued in Charlotte SC. My husband's was issued in Portsmouth, NH! The only way for anyone to know for sure is to call the passport agency. Since my previous passports all probably had the wrong City of Issue listed, I guess for US passports it doesn't much matter what you enter. The question may matter more for passports issued to passport holders from countries other than the US.

There are 2 places where passport info is requested - under your profile/immigration documents, and when doing online check in.

If you enter it under profile/immigration documents, they DO as for city (and they ask for country 3 times, and the country list is wrong). BUT you don't have to put it there. You get asked for it in online check in, and there they DO NOT ask for city. That's also the only place you really need to worry about entering it.

Maybe if they ever get the website fixed correctly, they'll fix the profile piece. I'm not holding my breath.

Just wondering

Is Celebrity still asking for city of issue for your passport during on line check in

It no longer asked for it the last few times I did on-line check in (with US passport).

Amazingly, the whole thing went very smoothly without a glitch and only took me (a slow typist) about 10 minutes from beginning to end using Celebrity's new web site!

After all the website problems that people have been reporting, I was not expecting that, so I was very pleasantly surprised. :D

It auto-filled a lot of the fields for me so I did not need to type in very much.

But I did need to enter the passport info.

It was never necessary to find out the city of issue for US passports. Back when they used to have a field for city of issue, lots of us would just put in n/a (or something equivalent) and it was never a problem.