Tuk tuk city tour?

cruisingnana

I have not taken this tour but, after lots of research, I just booked it for our next cruise. What I found - - - In reading all the reviews the biggest complaint was where to meet-up with them. People could not find them once they got off the ship. Those that did not have a problem meeting them loved it. Anyway, I think I came across the problem. Their web-site is being redone so you have to book through one of the other booking sites - same price. On one site they list both a Curacao Tuk-Tuk City Tour & Curacao Shore Excursion: Curacao Tuk-Tuk City Tour. The City Tour leaves from the town side of the floating bridge & the Shore excursion leaves from near the Cruise dock. If you book on a site that only lists the City Tour, it could be confusing.

Regular tours we have taken in the past, usually 4 of us, always seemed quite pricey on Curacao, so $25 per person seemed like a deal. We don't go until February but looking forward to it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Tuk tuk's in other countries are the local "taxis". Can you just hop off the ship and hire one for a few hours to show you the sights YOU want to see OR do you have to arrange in advance and they have a pre set itinerary?

• 9 months later...

We just returned from 9 nts in Curacao.  We stayed near Punda and numerous times wandered down to the cruise ship area.  Different times of day.  Never once saw a single tuk tuk.  Weird!  Was hoping to take a quick tour via Tuk Tuk when we arrived just to familiarize ourselves with the area, but no luck locating them.  ????

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, bup1224 said:

We just saw tons of Tuk Tuks in Punda on Saturday during the day.  The website for Tuk Tuk is www.CurTukTuk.com

WILD!  We stayed just outside of Punda for our 9 days.  Walked in to Punda and/or Otrabanda at least every day at different times of day and NEVER saw them.  Interesting!  Was disappointed bc we wanted to take a tour upon our arrival the 1st day to acclimate to the area and see what we were interested in exploring more on our own. 

1 hour ago, cpayne said:

WILD!  We stayed just outside of Punda for our 9 days.  Walked in to Punda and/or Otrabanda at least every day at different times of day and NEVER saw them.  Interesting!  Was disappointed bc we wanted to take a tour upon our arrival the 1st day to acclimate to the area and see what we were interested in exploring more on our own. 

I know, loved your trip post! We have lived here since January and haven't seen as many as we just did. If you come back, send me a message!