Ruby Princess cabin electricity: Power off when no key card in slot?

SnowCrocus

I did the same on the Regal last week. My room steward kept removing the card, which I found very annoying since the slot controls the A/C as well as the lights. Once we got into cooler weather I didn't mind as much, but when it was sticky and humid I found having the air off for a length of time meant it was difficult to cool the cabin quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We will be on the Regal next week. On our previous TA cruise on the Caribbean Princess we had a digital clock to give us the time if we woke up in the middle of the night for a bathroom trip.

Does this now mean that whenever we leave the cabin our clock will stop and need to be reset every time we return to our cabin?

Howard

We will be on the Regal next week. On our previous TA cruise on the Caribbean Princess we had a digital clock to give us the time if we woke up in the middle of the night for a bathroom trip.

Does this now mean that whenever we leave the cabin our clock will stop and need to be reset every time we return to our cabin?

Howard

The key card slot definitely controls the lights and the air conditioning. I don't know if it also controls the outlets.

The key card slot definitely controls the lights and the air conditioning. I don't know if it also controls the outlets.

Some people seem to think it controls the AC which I really believe it does not. If you were out of the cabin all day & returned at 4 PM the cabin would be at 90 + degrees & would never cool down. :(

The lighting & outlets are the only thing controlled by the door card and even that only requires any card or a piece of cardboard to defeat. Whether the new Medallion system will change that in the future is yet to be seen. Lets hope it doesn't otherwise I'll be requesting a card to open the door & leave the Medallion in the cabin all day.

Some people seem to think it controls the AC which I really believe it does not. If you were out of the cabin all day & returned at 4 PM the cabin would be at 90 + degrees & would never cool down. :(

The lighting & outlets are the only thing controlled by the door card and even that only requires any card or a piece of cardboard to defeat. Whether the new Medallion system will change that in the future is yet to be seen. Lets hope it doesn't otherwise I'll be requesting a card to open the door & leave the Medallion in the cabin all day.

In my experience on the Regal last week, the A/C was controlled by having a card in the slot. No card = no air.