Breakfast In room?

dizzyc

I have booked my first ever cruise with NCL, and in the UK I got a deal where everything is covered in the total cost (all premium drinks & all tips/gratuities etc). So technically once I get onboard I don't need to spend a penny (sorry dollar).

However, because I've booked a balcony (we've only ever had interior room before) I quite fancy the idea of having breakfast one morning on my balcony. So am I right in saying I can tick a form and leave it on my door the previous evening and it will be delivered at the specified time?

Does the fact that I've paid in advance for gratuities mean that the person delivering breakfast will get the tip or do I need to do this separately? And how much is considered the norm? (Being from the UK this is new to me....)

And is it correct that they will also charge me $7.95 for the delivery? Not $7.95 each...... where can I find a menu that shows the options available for room service?

Any guidance you can give me in this area would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Well, maybe just for one morning for the light continental b'fast - especially with you booked a regular/standard balcony on the *Away class ships. The micro-sized balcony at 32 sq. ft. can barely fit 2 chairs and a mini coffee/end table, good for 2 cups and one 8" plate of pastries, maybe the small juice will fit (that's about it) ... everything else on you & your mate's lap. Not a whole lot of room to sit there & really enjoy ... bring an insulated mug to keep the coffee warm, if you wish vs. tiny cups from the ship.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mb8jwqi1ztvrape/NCL-BA%20Balcony%20Exterior%20View.jpg?dl=0

For a hot breakfast, I recommend going to the MDR for a sit-down service or if you sleep late, O'Sheehan's for their Express choices (till 11 AM) ... more civilized than the buffet, especially on sea days. Otherwise, you are better off sitting inside on the stool and/or sofa for the limited $$ hot breakfast + extra tipping, whereas DSC covered the use of the MDR.

As others have said no charge for continental breakfast delivered to your room. We have used this when we have an early start in port. I don’t like the buffet and the restaurants take time. Just tick what you want (forms in the room) and hang outside your door the night before.

You pick an half hour window 7.30-8 am for example on the Getaway and Escape it arrived close to 7.30 somtimes with a phone call first to make sure you are awake. We tip a few dollars .

We had cereal ,fresh fruit, juice ,coffee ,pastries and toast still lots more than at home. We opened the balcony curtains up and ate in the room just took coffee out on the mini balcony.