New Years Cruise

brepri_h

I've always thought it'd be fun to do a New Year's cruise with Carnival. DH generally doesn't like to travel during holidays as he likes to be with his family but he has agreed to do a New Years cruise someday.

Has anyone done one before? No specific questions I'd just like to know your experience and if you'd suggest it. Thanks!

Edited by brepri_h
I can't type apparently haha

I've always thought it'd be fun to do a New Year's cruise with Carnival. DH generally doesn't like to travel during holidays as he likes to be with his family but he has agreed to do a New Years cruise someday.

Has anyone done one before? No specific questions I'd just like to know your experience and if you'd suggest it. Thanks!

Absolutely do it! Have done 2 and going this year as well. You will have a blast!

Did Dream out of NOLa last year and loved it. Carnival does a great job with NYE parties.

No driving required after the party which is a big plus!

And what better way to start the year than under a palm tree looking at beautiful blue waters with the love of your life?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They are great fun! At least, I think so. Hubby, not as much fun, for him. We don't party down too late.:D

There are always lots of kids and plenty of champagne.

Last year, on Fantasy, they had the most delicious, locally purchased, champagne. It tasted like a Moscato! I appreciated it in the most indulgent way.:hearteyes:

Pricing is high right now; watching and waiting...

Did NYE cruise on Magic out of Port Canaveral last year; embarked ON 12/31. Going on Pride out of Baltimore this year; embarks on NYE. The ship will still be decorated when you begin your cruise, but it'll all disappear as the week progresses. Depending upon where you're sailing from, you may start your cruise off with 2 cold days & end with 2 cold days, having just 3 warmer days in between. We're looking forward to another great cruise with Carnival. To us, any cruise is a good cruise!

I really wanted to do a NYE cruise this year but the prices were up there so we are doing a 1/13/18 cruise instead. I want to eventually however, I didn't think about all the kids . . . Mine are grown so not sure I want to go then. The only other cruise I have been on was 2 years ago the 2nd week of Jan and I don't remember a lot of kids so that is probably why. I think I prefer it that way now days . . .