Celebrity Transfer Bus or Cab in San Juan?ing

madcitymaven

Due to our hotel canceling our “day before” reservation, we are now flying into San Juan at 2:07pm the day of embarkation for the Summit sailing on November 4, 2017. Not being sure how available cabs will be, especially with many others flying in on 11/4 as well, does it make sense to try using Celebrity’s transfer service from the airport to the port? We have not used X’s service before and are not sure how efficient they can be. Will there be a long wait to fill up a large bus, or do they use smaller vans to keep things moving?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Normally I would say use Uber. Given the circumstances, I would make an exception to my own rule and book a Celebrity transfer. Very much worth a few extra $$ to make sure the ship waits for you if there is a problem with the transfer. As to specifics, I doubt how it was done before would necessarily give you a firm idea as to how it is being done now. If there's a wait or a hassle, I would assume it is due to the hurricane recovery issues, put a smile on my face, and deal with it. I'm not trying to be snotty to you - I just think under the circumstances I would be thankful to be the one boarding the ship rather than living there:)

My DH and I flew into San Juan on departure day back in 2015 and choose to us what Celebrity transfer. Worked well, just note that they will take your luggage in a separate vehicle so keep what you want! Took a while to change into shorts!

snow bunny

I usually book my own flight and transport, but this October 22nd, I will be using all Celebrity's offerings to ensure that I am guaranteed a trip home from San Juan. I feel guilty that they are in such distress and I am on vacation. Donations to the cause help Puerto Rico, but I am in the lap of luxury. Speedy recovery Puerto Rico!