Carry on luggage..

Hojo's redbeard

We leave in a day and a half (Miracle) and I'm finally in planning/packing mode. I've read lots of tips about getting on the ship and things to do before you can get to your cabin. My question is, if I get on the ship at 11:30, but can't access my room until 1:30, what am I to do with my carry-on luggage in the meantime? I really don't feel like letting my computer/electronics out of my sight. Any thoughts and or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

yo utake it with you until you know the cabins are secured. Lots of people head to their cabins about noon and leave the stuff in there. The cabins are not secured until they tell you that you can go --usually about 1 or so.

We leave in a day and a half (Miracle) and I'm finally in planning/packing mode. I've read lots of tips about getting on the ship and things to do before you can get to your cabin. My question is' date=' if I get on the ship at 11:30, but can't access my room until 1:30, what am I to do with my carry-on luggage in the meantime? I really don't feel like letting my computer/electronics out of my sight. Any thoughts and or suggestions are greatly appreciated.[/quote']

when i went on the triumph in june, we was on the ship early and we went to our cabin and met our room steward, he told us to put our things in the closet and close the door and for us to come back at 1pm. but, since you have a lot of expensive items, you should keep them with you.

Any valuables such as jewerly should be in the carry on. My sister did not have her luggage delivered to her the last cruise. (She had her jewerly in her checked baggage.)

I would suggest anything that you could not live with or replace (jewerly, medications, etc.)

Just like when flying, I never pack anything of value in my luggage. It amazes me how many people do that and with the numbers of lost luggage and with unlocked luggage, how much rifling goes on. I always carry, jewelry, camera, laptop, etc with me. BTW, the liability is yours if expensive items are lost or stolen. The max amount you will get reimbursed for lost luggage is minimal and will not cover those items. We dropped our carryon in our cabin at 12:30 on our last cruise and the door was still open, but the only thing I had of value in it was my digital camera. I wore the same jewelry the whole trip. I found it a lot easier than worrying about it. I'm not there to impress anyone, and my every day jewelry is nice anyway. If you have items you dont' want to leave til the cabin is secured, just carry it with you while you get lunch. My DH has a backpack for his laptop so it leaves his hands free and I have a shoulder strap on the carry on I used. We didn't pack a lot in our carryon, just a change of undies, books, tickets, passports, etc and a few needed items in case our luggage didn't arrive.

Archived