Resort day pass w/pool?

purplechic7106

Hi Friends! Looking for a fun spot for my kids to use the pool and dig in the sand for a few hours. They are young, 5.5 & 3 and Although Mr. Sanchos looks fun, it’s a bit pricey for our needs. I know they have Pay as you go but I’m not up for traveling out there only to be denied entrance because they are full. Any other suggestions? My kids love the pool so that would be the priority. Thank you!

Hi Friends! Looking for a fun spot for my kids to use the pool and dig in the sand for a few hours. They are young, 5.5 & 3 and Although Mr. Sanchos looks fun, it’s a bit pricey for our needs. I know they have Pay as you go but I’m not up for traveling out there only to be denied entrance because they are full. Any other suggestions? My kids love the pool so that would be the priority. Thank you!

Tourists and Locals alike love Buccanos. We pay a fee to get in (was $120 pesos/person last time I checked) and then you use that towards your food & drink.

http://www.buccanos.com/Buccanos-Bar-Grill.htm

Unfortunately they don't (or at least they didn't) extend that policy to cruisers. Would love to hear if things have changed.

Bummer. But how do they know you are a cruiser if you grab the cab from anywhere downtown. Just say you are staying at a downtown hotel. How would they know?

Bummer. But how do they know you are a cruiser if you grab the cab from anywhere downtown. Just say you are staying at a downtown hotel. How would they know?

They wouldn't necessarily, except they ask you on arrival, and if people are carrying ship towels it is rather a give-away! They don't give cruisers food and beverage credit and charge for snorkeling equipment whether they want it or not.

We only go on land visits. Way too many other choices on Cozumel to go there on a cruise ship day.

• 2 weeks later...

we went to Melia Cozumel this year. we contacted the resort directly. here are the prices

Prices

Adults from 18 years old and more

$50

Teenagers from 13 – 17 years old

$50

Children from 5 - 12 years old

$25

Children from 0 - 4 years old

No charge

They had a great pool. Our 4 year old liked it a lot. they had some kids activities that our son joined. the food was good (not a lot a variety, however what was provided was good). they had a beach bar with food and the lunch buffet. the beach is great, nice sand, long and wide. the water in front of hotel was not good. we went to the nearby resort (not sure the name). it had a great beach and crystal clear water. Because our son liked the pool, it was not a problem. Half of the pool is kids friendly, our son can walk the pool with us just watching from the side. pool has a inflatable structure in the middle for kids to climb.

Edited by aurelgross

The Sunscape Sabor All-Inclusive offers day pass options for cruisers. I personally stayed there for a week in April 2017 and I really enjoyed it, I felt like it offered the perfect laid-back, island-like atmosphere for a great price. The day pass option would be great, as you would have some great eateries to choose from, access to the pool and beach, access to the wifi, and unlimited drinks! Here is the link:

https://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/cozumel/cozumel-inclusive-resort-day-pass/

Kind of pricey, but the kids would be free, which is a plus. Also, the taxi shouldn;t run you more than $8 each way from town.