Recent Shared Cocktail Party?

crazyfrazee

You'll probably need to clarify which cocktail party you are referring to.

I'm not checking in on any one certain party. The shared cocktail party in general, what they are offering at the present time. By booking as a group, if you book a certain number of rooms you get to pick a free party as an amenity. So, looking for any recent cruisers that chose the shared party to comment on their experiences with it.

For a group booking, I think it depends on the size of the group, but I'm sure there are others here that can provide more information than I can. Carnival does cocktail parties for other groups, such as platinum/diamond and meet and mingle, so that makes a difference. Thanks for clarifying your question.

https://www.carnival.com/cms/carnivalmeetings/esales/Flexi_Pricing_and_Fun_Points_Flyer_Direct_Guests.pdf

On one of our cruises we had over 35 people, don't remember how many cabins. Offered a shared party that uses up some type of points awarded. We asked that what if we forgo. Each cabin awarded $50 onboard credit, and a carnival bag. Better for us as we had kids.

For a moment I thought the OP might have been referring to the open-bar gatherings we used to be able to reserve for Roll Call groups...for a pittance. It was about $10 per person, per hour, which was a really good price, especially for open-bar. Our Liberty roll call had so many signed up Carnival had to move it to the aft lounge.

Sadly, I suspect that price was TOO good, as Carnival subsequently raised the price and those gatherings have seldom been mentioned here since.

For a moment I thought the OP might have been referring to the open-bar gatherings we used to be able to reserve for Roll Call groups...for a pittance. It was about $10 per person, per hour, which was a really good price, especially for open-bar. Our Liberty roll call had so many signed up Carnival had to move it to the aft lounge.

Sadly, I suspect that price was TOO good, as Carnival subsequently raised the price and those gatherings have seldom been mentioned here since.

Not only did they raise the price by almost double they limited you to a choice of only a few drinks.

If you're talking about the party by CCL, in my last few cruises they didn't offer it and said not enough people signed up which wasn't true. They have it at odd time, late in cruise and about 5pm. Danishes and coffee, tea or juices are offered. Some crew attend sometimes.

If you're talking about the party by CCL, in my last few cruises they didn't offer it and said not enough people signed up which wasn't true. They have it at odd time, late in cruise and about 5pm. Danishes and coffee, tea or juices are offered. Some crew attend sometimes.

Thinking you mean on the CC meet and greet. It is obviously set up to fail.

Last cruise in Sept was 14 day journey cruise to Alaska and many people put their name into it and at one point told us it was not offered on longer cruises. Nonsensical of course.

One before that they held it just before dinner on formal night. Think about 6 people came

The OP clarified they are asking about the cocktail party a group leader may order through Carnval's Groups Department and "pays" for with the amenity points earned through their group booking.

OP, our travel partner invited us a few years back to their group cocktail party and we each had a premium alcohol mixed drink. We didn't stay long enough to notice if canapes were passed but there was not a buffet table present for hors d'oeuvres.

We had a group of 32 last July. It was supposed to be a shared party but we were the only ones there. They kept the drinks coming (strong to!) the whole time! The service was awesome and we all enjoyed it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums