First I’d like to congratulate you on the acquisition of ‘Pursuit’. We can’t wait to book a cruise on her!

I know you will have to undertake a large recruitment exercise for a Pursuit and was wondering how you manage to recruit all the wonderful crew and officers that look after us so very well. You must have a very thorough recruitment process, can you tell us a little about it?

My husband and I have been on many Azamara cruises and enjoy the wonderful officers and crew who always make us feel we are part of a big family.

Are you able to tell us when the announcement for the new Captain and Senior Officers will be made?

Thank you,

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Host Grandma Cruising, thank you for doing such a greatjob monitoring the forum. We feel honored to have so many engaged andinterested guests!

As for recruitment, we do have a very thorough recruitment process. In the case of the Azamara Pursuit, a portion of the personnel will come from the Azamara Journey and the Azamara Quest. The remaining portion will be recruited on a global basis by the parent corporations HR department. Frommy perspective it's important that we maintain the existing quality on Journey and Quest while at the same time building the crew for the new Azamara Pursuit.Keep in mind that the Pursuit will have a long dry dock, and during this period, over 500 new crew members will be recruited. Some will go on the Journey some will go on the Quest and the vast majority will be on the Pursuit. It’s a balancing process, we must get a balance between those who are promoted and those who are new. Many of the new hires will be trained on Journey and Quest before they goto Pursuit. All in all it’s a very detailed process, with a right timeline and specific objectives, the end goal is simply hospitality excellence. We are optimistic we can achieve this.

Edited by Larry Pimentel

My husband and I have been on many Azamara cruises and enjoy the wonderful officers and crew who always make us feel we are part of a big family.

Are you able to tell us when the announcement for the new Captain and Senior Officers will be made?

Thank you,

Pat

Dear cruiser gal, many of the new senior officers including our Captain for the Azamara Pursuit, will be announced later this month. After much internal discussion we believe that the Azamara Pursuit will have an excellent group of senior officers. In fact we are pretty excited to make this announcement, stay tuned.

Edited by Larry Pimentel