Post-cruise stay ?which area of Fort Lauderdale

suekay

We are looking to stay in Fort Lauderdale for 2 nights post cruise in March, but haven't a clue which would be the best area for us. We are a mature couple who are looking for a quiet time in a 3* hotel, won't have a car so need to be in walking (or public transport) distance of restaurants and shops, and will be Ubering back to MIA airport on the third day(Sunday) I've been looking at Lauderdale by the Sea, but wonder if Las Olas area would be better for such a short stay? Any help gratefully received

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

Depending on your budget I would look at the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort. I got a pre-paid rate for a huge two rooms suite, kitchen, balcony, and ocean/city view for $185. The bathroom was bigger than some hotel rooms I have stayed in. That included two free cocktails and continental breakfast. It's directly on the beach and within walking distance to some nice places to eat. If you stay go to LuLu's Bait Shack above the CVS and get the Ahi Tuna tacos.

I like the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina for its convenience to the water taxis. We stayed there a couple of nights after a cruise a few years ago. We have also stayed there for one night a few times before cruises.

If you want a small boutique hotel on the Intracoastal and only 2 blocks from the ocean, try PILLARS HOTEL. Within walking distance are several restaurants. Also, the water taxi will stop at the hotel when asked. Look at http://www.tripadvisor.com and see that they are the number TWO rated hotel in Fort Lauderdale. We are staying there post-cruise in January. Their restaurant, Secret Garden, sits right on the intracoastal waterway and is a quiet romantic spot. We are a mature couple in our 60's and will be celebrating my wife's birthday then.

Thank you all for your suggestions. To be honest, when I booked the cruise I had no idea how high hotel prices are in Florida in March. It seems a shame to travel all the way from the UK then not see anything of Miami (precruise) and Fort Lauderdale (post cruise). I've got a bit of thinking to do

Lauderdale by the Sea is a fantastic area to spend your 2 days in. There are lots of mom and pop hotels/motels, several great restaurants, shopping, a beautiful beach, and everything is within walking distance. There is also the Galt Link trolley that connects LBTS to the Sun Trolley in Fort Lauderdale.

That sounds perfect. I've seen a couple of small hotels at reasonable prices but was beginning to wonder if the area was right for us. I like the idea of the linked trollies

I live in LBTS, so I'm happy to help with any recommendations!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's so kind of you. I was looking at the Hotel Seacrest. Do you know it?

Yes, I walk by this hotel everyday. It is lovely, very well kept, 2 blocks from the beach, 2 blocks from the grocery store, and about 3-4 blocks from the town center, where all the action is (restaurants, shops, live music on Friday / Saturday nights). On Sundays in season, there is a farmer's market at El Prado Park from 9 am - 2 pm.

Other very good options: Beachside Village Resort, Coral Key Inn, Tides Inn, Plunge, Blue Seas Courtyard, Tropic Seas, High Noon, Windjammer.