Does NCL hold staterooms for the bidding program?

jplovestocruise

I don't think that it is possible on THIS ship as the deluxe Owner's Suite is the highest level cabin....so no upgrades available...it would have to be a cancellation. Not that this does not stop NCL from contacting people who are BOOKED in the DOS! As it happens to us all of the time! At first, I was thinking that they had my reservation wrong and had to double check that we were indeed booked in the DOS.

Cancellations YES! We have had to cancel a DOS two days before sailing....and are in the process of having to consider it again this week as I managed to come down with pneumonia a week or so ago......so these things DO happen. My advice is if you want the room, place a bid and just be happy whether or not it pans out.

Yeah....I should have said "or".

Of course it is all about money. If it weren't then they'd just upgrade everyone for free.

It also keeps customers happy - although I preferred the old way (just calling in to the Upsell Department) we love being able to bid on a room for MUCH less than the retail cost to upgrade. Maybe we'll win, maybe we won't, but at least we have the shot.

Long gone are the days when cruise ships sailed 50% full and you got upgraded for free or could get upgrades at the port on embarkation day.

Is two years "long ago"? We were on a B2B2B, and got upgraded for our last leg from an inside to an ocean view. Just because they were being nice to us. We had friends on board who were upgraded from an ocean view to a balcony on the same cruise.

And we are on the Star Nov 5th. We booked a guarantee ocean view (porthole) and got a picture window.

So, yeah, it happens.