Harmony sailing Dec 2 - NEW itinerary confirmed by Royal

2thesea

I just got this email too.

So what they previously said about not expecting any changes after Dec. 1 now seems to have been premature. I really did not think that St. Maarten would be ready for cruise passengers yet. But then again, I'm not sure if St. Thomas is ready either. St. John is definitely not. The National Park is still closed. I hate to say it but I would rather go to Nassau than Charlotte Amalie. There is still a curfew in the USVI.

Latest progress report: http://myemail.constantcontact.com/U-S--VIRGIN-ISLANDS-GOVERNOR-REPORTS-PROGRESS--AS-HURRICANE-RECOVERY-EFFORTS-CONTINUE.html?soid=1123676605165&aid=415-4n2-ebM

I just got this email too.

So what they previously said about not expecting any changes after Dec. 1 now seems to have been premature. I really did not think that St. Maarten would be ready for cruise passengers yet. But then again, I'm not sure if St. Thomas is ready either. St. John is definitely not. The National Park is still closed. I hate to say it but I would rather go to Nassau than Charlotte Amalie. There is still a curfew in the USVI.

Latest progress report: http://myemail.constantcontact.com/U-S--VIRGIN-ISLANDS-GOVERNOR-REPORTS-PROGRESS--AS-HURRICANE-RECOVERY-EFFORTS-CONTINUE.html?soid=1123676605165&aid=415-4n2-ebM

I have to say that I have a feeling this is not the last change we will see. I've heard that crime is an issue and not getting any better :o

I have to say that I have a feeling this is not the last change we will see. I've heard that crime is an issue and not getting any better :o

You may be right. I plan to board Harmony on Dec. 2 and go where the wind blows us. Not booking any excursions at this time.

I received the email this morning as well about us NOW going to Charlotte Amalie. And that we are still planning on docking in San Juan. How in the world Are we still going there? Do they even have electricity in PR yet????

I received the email this morning as well about us NOW going to Charlotte Amalie. And that we are still planning on docking in San Juan. How in the world Are we still going there? Do they even have electricity in PR yet????

The city of San Juan is doing much better as far as power than the more rural areas.

Good question but there are limited options for these mega ships other than sailing in circles to kill time or sending us to the western Caribbean instead. This is a transition period in the recovery. Personally I’m not going to venture far from the ship if I get off at all at either Charlotte Amalie or San Juan. I think it’s still too soon to go exploring.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums