Earliest flight from EWR after docking

TomTN

We will be on HAL Zuiderdam docking on 9-13-18, Thursday at 7 a.m. I believe they use Manhattan terminal.

We prefer to fly out of EWR to Nashville because of the construction at LGA.

My understanding is that disembarkation is quite slow due to border security/customs. We have Global entry if that will help?

Is a 12:30 p.m. flight from EWR safe or risky?

Thanks

I'd feel more more comfortable with a later departure. If everything goes perfectly you can make the flight, but any of a late arriving ship, slow clearance by CBP or weekday rush hour traffic can put you at real risk of missing the flight.

Having Global Entry doesn't help in NY. The only cruise ports I know of that have a separate Global Entry line are in Miami and Fort Lauderdale.

You will probably enjoy a nice sit down lunch in the airport, but I think a flight around 2pm is safest. Figure at least 2 hours to get off the ship to the curb, then get a ride, and about 2 hours in traffic to the airport. So arriving airport 11am at the earliest, and 12 is more likely. Should allow 2 hours from arriving at airport until takeoff time too. So that's why I picked 2pm to be safe.