Future Cruise Offer

lprime60

Hi all, I would like to tell you what happened and ask if anyone else understands or has had any experience like this.Sorry if this is long. We booked a cruise while on a cruise at the future cruise desk. the guy gave us a price for our fare and taxes and port fees and gratuities. He then took our vifp number and looked on his computer and he said this is what you will be paying, it was a discount of almost 200 dollars. so we said ok good, gave the deposit and he gave us a paper with the price. also there was 50 dollar onboard credit. when we got home I looked online and the price had no gradtuities added no discount and no onboard credit. I called carnival and talked to several managers even emailed them a page online where it says 20 percent off future cruises. It seems like he found some kind of discount or something and it got messed up or never went through. None of them would help me all they say is they cannot find any offer like that. I am so frustrated and think I should be compensated because we may not have booked that cruise at that price and someone that works for carnival made the mistake. All they would say is nothing they can do, the last manager I talked to I asked if she could at least give some onboard credit and her response was " I could push that button and do that but i'm not going too" The paper he gave us only has what we thought we were paying cause that was what he wrote on the paper he showed us, and it would be a correct amount if gratuities were on it. they were on it when he showed us our final amount. thank you for lisening just wondered what anyones thoughts were or if any one got any discount like that at the future desk

Hate to say this but you're probably SOL. That's not to say that you're wrong but you don't have needed documentation to

get them to make the change. It goes without saying that there are folks out there who will do about anything to get a lower fare and those of us with integrity are punished because of it.

If this incident is going to spoil your cruise, I would either cancel entirely or switch ships. Chalk it off to a life's lesson and in the future get EVERYTHING in writing. Sorry for your disappointment.

Did you get a copy of your reservation onboard? We always walked away with a printed (not handwritten) copy of our bookings.

Unfortunately the last FCC consultants ended their contracts a few months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That sounds pretty much like the standard future cruise deal (after the 2 category upgrade, isn't it?). So if it's not correct you should still be under Early Saver and can switch it to the Future Cruise deal and get that $50 OBC. We just booked under that deal. Our balcony shows $909, which is $200+ less than Fun Select, which is $1129 pp.

Either way, switch the booking to Future Cruise and you'll see the savings you're expecting.

Make sure you change it within 2 weeks of the end of the cruise you just took, or else that offer disappears.

Just so everyone knows.. that "Future Cruise Deal" is available once you get home for 2 weeks! You don't have to book on board.... and better yet, you can even apply it (if there is an available deal) to cruises you have booked already.

I check my booked cruises regularly for price drops, and just got back Sunday from an 8 day on the Conquest. The cruise I have booked for April 2018 was $20/pp cheaper and had $100 OBC with the Future Cruise deal. Called PVP and he took care of it and got the $40 knocked off and $100 OBC added no problem. Checked my other cruises too (but my existing rate was already better).

IMHO, there is no reason to stand in line at the future cruise desk and deal with a rushed sale. Take your time and research cruises once you get home and do it then.

Just so everyone knows.. that "Future Cruise Deal" is available once you get home for 2 weeks! You don't have to book on board.... and better yet, you can even apply it (if there is an available deal) to cruises you have booked already.

I check my booked cruises regularly for price drops, and just got back Sunday from an 8 day on the Conquest. The cruise I have booked for April 2018 was $20/pp cheaper and had $100 OBC with the Future Cruise deal. Called PVP and he took care of it and got the $40 knocked off and $100 OBC added no problem. Checked my other cruises too (but my existing rate was already better).

IMHO, there is no reason to stand in line at the future cruise desk and deal with a rushed sale. Take your time and research cruises once you get home and do it then.

Thanks I did not know this!

I didn't know this, thank you for sharing.