Upgrade on Dawn 03/04/18

HeroG

I've seen many posts/ threads of people receiving emails from NCL inviting them to bid on cabin upgrades. How does this process work? This will be my 6th cruise with NCL and I've never received an invitation to upgrade, why? I've booked an OA oceanview stateroom with 4 people in the cab, can someone explain to me how the process works. Thank You

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

80 days out if you booked with NCL or a travel agent who participates you will get an email where you are invited to bid on an upgrade. If you don't get the email you can log into your NCL account and there should be a banner or message there inviting you to bid. You keep the promo's you originally had when you booked. You don't get any additional. You will be able to upgrade 2 levels so in your case it will be to a mini suite. They can let you know if you got your upgrade up until 2 days before sailing. You don't get to pick your cabin or move it if you don't like where they put you. When you bid it is only charged for the 1st two people in the room. For example if you bid $50 to upgrade to a balcony it will be $100 for all 4 of you to move.

Have fun!

I've seen many posts/ threads of people receiving emails from NCL inviting them to bid on cabin upgrades. How does this process work? T...

This plan is somewhat new - started on some ships late last year.

As to those posts where read stuff.. there is one long one with lots of details. And there should be a link to FAQ on the NCL site. biggest part is what the last poster said about 80 days out.

80 days out if you booked with NCL or a travel agent who participates you will get an email where you are invited to bid on an upgrade. If you don't get the email you can log into your NCL account and there should be a banner or message there inviting you to bid. You keep the promo's you originally had when you booked. You don't get any additional. You will be able to upgrade 2 levels so in your case it will be to a mini suite. They can let you know if you got your upgrade up until 2 days before sailing. You don't get to pick your cabin or move it if you don't like where they put you. When you bid it is only charged for the 1st two people in the room. For example if you bid $50 to upgrade to a balcony it will be $100 for all 4 of you to move.

Have fun!

Thank you for the info. Question if we bid and they dont accept the offer they dont charge me right. How come ive never been invited to bid?

Thank you for the info. Question if we bid and they dont accept the offer they dont charge me right. How come ive never been invited to bid?

As stated in their FAQ - if you do not win and therefore do not buy anything, you do not get charged.

This is somewhat new so maybe you were never eligible to get a bid? Would love to help, but no details on last cruise, next cruise, etc.