Balloon Drop - Regal 10.14.2017

need2cruisesoon

They did this on our cruise in January on the Crown. It was on the last night, we just happened to catch it so I'm not sure if it was done on our other Princess cruises. It was fun, not too crazy, I didn't realize that there were prized in the balloons.

• 4 months later...
I thought it was a 50th anniversary new thing. Am I memory-challenged and it's been there all along?? Guess I didn't pay much attention. Don't go to all the champagne waterfalls anymore. Maybe it was just supposed to be special for 50th?

I sailed the Sun Princess and the Sea Princess to the caribbean out of FLL...they also did the balloon drop, but it was done out by the pool deck....It was called the New Year's Eve Balloon Drop.....also had a caribbean party on deck...at twelve midnight, they did the balloon drop....this was something i always enjoyed...I am going on the Regal Princess November 1, 2018....and they also do the balloon drop, but in the atrium i belive the last night of the cruise.

I've always thought it was a bit weird and haven't participated. I have watched from the sidelines though. I never knew there were any prize slips in the balloons but, given the "value" of most Princess give-away items I wouldn't thing it worth the effort of trying to get one. Has anybody ever heard of one that was actually worth winning?

We did see several crew member blowing up balloons on one cruise but they used large bottles of air. I can't imagine having to blow them up by mouth - not to mention the germ spreading that would cause.

I've always thought it was a bit weird and haven't participated. I have watched from the sidelines though. I never knew there were any prize slips in the balloons but, given the "value" of most Princess give-away items I wouldn't thing it worth the effort of trying to get one. Has anybody ever heard of one that was actually worth winning?

We did see several crew member blowing up balloons on one cruise but they used large bottles of air. I can't imagine having to blow them up by mouth - not to mention the germ spreading that would cause.

They got electric pumps lately.

We use to stand back and watch but several years ago, a friend said "let's go see if we can get a prize". All of a sudden he said "let's get out of here". His hand was cut. It is hard to break the ballons so I guess someone used a knife to break them fast to see if they could get a prize. It was so packed that he had no idea who did it.

I got hit on the head with a champagne glass that someone dropped or tossed.

That kind of ruined the party atmosphere for me.