No more Transderm Scop patch....

ChuckinSC

I have also use a product, I got from Reliefband.com. It looks like a watch. It's worn on your wrist and it sends out pulses that go to the part of the brain that handles the nausea feeling. The only bad thing is that it cant get wet.

It used to be a product that Dr's prescribed for cancer patients having chemo. It is now sold to everyone.

I use that too

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

I haven't been on a cruise in 13 years due to seasickness and REALLY bad side effects from the patch or any drugs.......we actually switched to River cruising because of my issues. On our river cruise last year, I met a lady who uses the Reliefband and it literally changed her life. (she would even need to use it on a River cruise!!!). They now cruise 3 or 4 times a year. Needless to say, I bought the 2.0 version that they recently came out with; it now resembles a large fitbit. My true test was to see if we could manage the Road to Hana on Maui earlier this year; (after 7 attempts, I finally made it!!) - all due to the Reliefband. It truly is a lifesaver! It is a bit pricey; but to me and lots of others, it's worth every penny for sure! We've now booked our first ocean cruise for next July for the British Isles :)

Or you can buy meclizine at your local drugstore for not much money at all (less than $10). I start taking some the day before my cruise so it's in my system before I set foot on the ship. I would not trust hoo-doo junk science like sea bands to keep me from getting sick. By the time you figure out they don't work, it's too late!

The Sea Band makers would be unable to make them unless there was real science backing them up. Lots of people swear by them. I have found relief using Bonine on the few occasions when the ship has really been rocking and rolling, although you do have to take them before you start experiencing symptoms. Old salts will tell you that eating crackers and green apples and keeping your stomach light will work wonders to avoid mal-de-mar.. To each his own.

The only time I really felt ill was on my first cruise. I got off the ship after coming from New York in a Bermuda crystal shop. All of a sudden I felt the room spinning and I thought I was definitely going to take down a thousand dollars worth of glassware. Then when we were coming back on that ship it was caught in a tail wind and the ship was really going up and down bow and stern. They put out paper bags on the railings in the hallways. Stupid me I thought it was some kind of random prize game hoping to pick the right bag. Another passenger quickly demonstrated what their true use was. Still I never was required to use them.

Enjoy your cruising days.