Final payment question

Sun Lover

I know that after the final payment date if there is a price drop on my type cabin I can't get the lower rate but if I pay in full before the final payment date and then there is a price drop, can I still get the reduced price adjustment? Also, if other items go on sale after the final payment date, such as excursions, beverage packages, etc., can I get the lower for them?

No real reason to prepay final payment, unless you are going to be out of touch with the TA or cruiseline when it comes due. Better to keep the money in your account working for you than the cruiseline. However you can fully cancel up until final payment so should be no problem getting a discounted rate prior to final payment. There is no reduction or OBC, etc. after final payment, but you can upgrade if available. For example, we had a balcony on an Alaska cruise. The Junior Suite, 3 weeks before the cruise came on sale for less than our balcony. We simply switched cabins. However we did have to accept current pricing rules, which meant losing $100 OBC, but it was well worth it.

As for shore excursions, drink packages, etc., as someone mentioned, you have to cancel and rebook. But that is the same as before final payment. Any changes in those things requires a cancellation and rebooking. In the case of shore excursions, make sure it's still available for you by purchasing it first then cancelling the more expensive one.