Verizon - sending and receiving texts

weloveourdoggie

Be careful with Travel Pass from Verizon. There have been some changes. My husband is an international airline captain, so I know what I am talking about. Trave Pass used to give you the option of wether or not you wanted to activate it. Now it activates itself at your first text or use of data of any kind. For instance, if you are using wi fi in your hotel and wifi goes down and cellular picks up for a moment, you are in for a $10 charge and a lengthy phone call to Verizon when you get home trying to figure out why it happend. If you can get by on texting your contacts, you will save major $$. Tell them to take Travel Pass off your account. Just my opinion

also wanted to let people know that 'no root firewall' is great to prevent data from being used on mobile. you can control every single program and i use it to prevent data being used on mobile. it's a fantastic program

Just take the sim out of the phone.

I would do this with kids I'm not 100% sure have self control.

In my very frustrating experience with Verizon you can never get texts while cruising unless you are connected to wi fi, I have paid the $40upcharge for 50 texts incoming, 50 calling minutes and a very small amount of data. I have never been charged above that by Verizon, however I had to pay for wi fi on the ship to receive any text messages. I received them ok while we n port. I am very frustrated by Verizon oversea service

Sent from my iPad using Forums