Ncl Jade

Pitapie67

There are almost 20 food venues. What is it, specifically, that you are looking for?

There are all kinds of folks who provide service: waitstaff, hotel staff, butlers, guest services, excursion staff, etc... What, specifically, are you looking for?

If you want generalizations, just do a forum search for Jade and you will learn all you want to know and more.

What r your thoughts on the Ncl Jade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I could just answer - great.

But, I doubt that will help much.

Maybe read some of the reviews. Ask specific questions?

Really, Jade and the sister ships are great.

We are getting ready to go on the Jade for the 5th time. The size is just right for me...not too big, not too small. The crew has always been great. I'm not thrilled with the itinerary change on our cruise after final payment but that concern would not affect anyone who is booking a cruise now as the updated itineraries for the Caribbean are now known.

It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that the larger NCL ships have but it has lounges with great entertainment. I've never had a complaint and have several reviews posted on past itineraries, all in Europe.

We just got off the Jade. Love the size of the ship, but we were underwhelmed by the activities on board. We really struggled to find anything of interest and ended up reading books most of the time. Entertainment in the theater is typical NCL, so expect a magician, dancers and singers of dubious quality, some sort of tribute band, and maybe a aerobatic type show. The food was a major disappointment for us. Dinner menus just weren't up to even the average standard we're used to on a cruise.

Just off the Jade. Have been on the Breakaway (numerous times), Gem (numerous), Star and Jewel previously.

I know the Jade just came out of refurbish in dry dock so that might lend to it being shiny and new. But definitely our favorite ship so far.

In addition to the ship itself, the workers on the Jade were the friendliest and nicest we have encountered. Not knocking any other crew on any other ship, just the best we have been apart of.

Really our best cruise to date of the dozen or so we have been on

We just got off the Jade. Love the size of the ship, but we were underwhelmed by the activities on board. We really struggled to find anything of interest and ended up reading books most of the time. Entertainment in the theater is typical NCL, so expect a magician, dancers and singers of dubious quality, some sort of tribute band, and maybe a aerobatic type show. The food was a major disappointment for us. Dinner menus just weren't up to even the average standard we're used to on a cruise.

Thank you ! Sorry about your disappointment on food . I hope things change by next year,

Thank you ! Sorry about your disappointment on food . I hope things change by next year,

We did a transatlantic on Jade in April last year and the return ta in October last year on the Jade. This was before dry dock improvements. The service was great, the food was good (we ate in Le Bistro, Cagneys, La Cucina, both MDR's, buffet, and Jasmine ), and we enjoyed the entertainment. We have a Christmas 2018 cruise booked on Jade.

We did a transatlantic on Jade in April last year and the return ta in October last year on the Jade. This was before dry dock improvements. The service was great, the food was good (we ate in Le Bistro, Cagneys, La Cucina, both MDR's, buffet, and Jasmine ), and we enjoyed the entertainment. We have a Christmas 2018 cruise booked on Jade.

Thank happy to hear .

Just off the Jade. Have been on the Breakaway (numerous times), Gem (numerous), Star and Jewel previously.

I know the Jade just came out of refurbish in dry dock so that might lend to it being shiny and new. But definitely our favorite ship so far.

In addition to the ship itself, the workers on the Jade were the friendliest and nicest we have encountered. Not knocking any other crew on any other ship, just the best we have been apart of.

We, too, are just off of the Jade and couldn't agree more!

I guess this is an example of "different strokes for different folks." in some areas. We were on the same cruise. Overall, we liked the ship and we had a great time.

We've never been on a cruise with 5 sea days before, so I brought 2 books and needlework to be prepared. I read the first chapter of one book and didn't have time for anything else. We were always out and about!

We were initially disappointed to find out that there was no comedian scheduled to entertain (not counting the ventriloquist/comedian), since we enjoyed the comedy shows on our previous cruises. After seeing the variety of evening shows that were programmed, we agreed that there was a nice mixture. We do agree with you, however, that the ship's dancers and singers were not of the same quality as the rest of the entertainers and the vocal competition show was lame.

We also agree with you that the food selection in the main dining rooms left much to be desired. It was as if NCL was trying to "encourage" people to patronize the specialty restaurants to escape the lack of variety in the main dining rooms. What we did eat, however, was served hot enough and tasted good.

We are just off the 10 day Jade cruise to Canada. Overall, this was excellent. Here are a couple highlights:

MDR menus awful. Thank goodness we had 6 specialty restaurant dinners. We have cruised NCL enough to be Platinum and this is the worst MDR offerings we have ever seen. One night, to be different, I ordered Turkey Medallions. this was nothing more than sliced, processed turkey with a brown sauce. Even blah turkey should be OK but not this one.

Specialty restaurants were all excellent, with fine service that was prompt. Just like you would want it. Good menus and food.

All around the ship, service was A+. Bar service, room steward, restaurant servers just perfect. And in many cases obviously over worked.

Something must have been wrong on Jade. Most of the public restrooms were refrigerated. They had to leave doors open for all to view.

OSheahans did not have any special dinner entrees. No prime rib night. Told that such might now be discontinued on all NCL ships.

Lots of good lounge acts. Not so good daytime activities. Shows OK except Blazing Boots...did not seem to be very Country.

Ship is beautiful and well maintained.

Minisuites have tubs with very high sides that many people willl NOT be able to get in and out of.

We just got off the Jade last week. No question about it, the ship was short staffed! The Ladies Room that I went to in the MDR was not so clean and 2 nights later it seemed that i still wasn't touched and yes, I noticed that the doors to the public restrooms were left open. Service in O'Sheehan's was not so great! Not enough help. Even when the place emptied out we still waited and left without them coming back to us!

It wasn't the greatest cruise we were on, but, surely not the worst! Being that it was a Canada itinerary and we were screwed out of a lot of port time, there didn't seem to be enough activities/entertainment during the daytime. Yeah, you had to go to one of the Specialty Restaurants to get a good meal! I wasn't particularly thrilled about eating at Teppanyaki because Japanese isn't my favorite, but it was my favorite meal! It was so entertaining and delicious and wouldn't miss it if there's a next time! If it had the right itinerary I wouldn't hesitate to sail on her again!

We just got off the Jade last week. No question about it, the ship was short staffed! The Ladies Room that I went to in the MDR was not so clean and 2 nights later it seemed that i still wasn't touched and yes, I noticed that the doors to the public restrooms were left open. Service in O'Sheehan's was not so great! Not enough help. Even when the place emptied out we still waited and left without them coming back to us!

It wasn't the greatest cruise we were on, but, surely not the worst! Being that it was a Canada itinerary and we were screwed out of a lot of port time, there didn't seem to be enough activities/entertainment during the daytime. Yeah, you had to go to one of the Specialty Restaurants to get a good meal! I wasn't particularly thrilled about eating at Teppanyaki because Japanese isn't my favorite, but it was my favorite meal! It was so entertaining and delicious and wouldn't miss it if there's a next time! If it had the right itinerary I wouldn't hesitate to sail on her again!

Could you tell me what you mean about the port time? Did they not follow the published itinerary?

Sorry to hear this as we will be on Jade soon....but am hoping maybe they are getting ready to turn over crew as they head from Canada to the Caribbean. Had this on another line one time when most of the crew was leaving as the ship moved to another area....a number did not seem to be doing their usual good jobs with the exception of the wonderful room stewards.

Due to a large number of whales feeding in the St Lawrence, Canadian officials imposed a lower speed limit on all shipping. This resulted in changes in port arrival and departure times. Not changes in the itinerary.

We were on the 10/16 sailing and did see LOTS of whales in the river.

Could you tell me what you mean about the port time? Did they not follow the published itinerary?

Sorry to hear this as we will be on Jade soon....but am hoping maybe they are getting ready to turn over crew as they head from Canada to the Caribbean. Had this on another line one time when most of the crew was leaving as the ship moved to another area....a number did not seem to be doing their usual good jobs with the exception of the wonderful room stewards.

Our port time was cut down do to the ship having to slow down do to the whales. They announced that after final payment was made. My husband seen a couple whales, but I did not. It kind of sucked losing that time in port and rushing through a costly tour! There seemed to be a language barrier with some of the MDR staff plus being under-staffed.

Our port time was cut down do to the ship having to slow down do to the whales. They announced that after final payment was made. My husband seen a couple whales, but I did not. It kind of sucked losing that time in port and rushing through a costly tour! There seemed to be a language barrier with some of the MDR staff plus being under-staffed.

Thanks for the clarification. The whale thing is something I'd never heard before....didn't know they came up the river.

We did the transatlantic on Jade this April from Tampa to Southampton. We had a fab time on the ship & really enjoyed our seadays / entertainment was fine also.

The only thing that troubled us was O'Sheehans, as it had only just opened after the refurb, they hadn't got their act together. left us waiting not taking drink orders / brought out starters & then 5 mins later brought mains & left them lying on a side table. Didn'f find those members of staff friendly at all (grrrr)

I loved O;Sheehans on the Epic & was so disappointed on the Jade.

Fab ship , despite it being smaller we loved that it had a wraparound deck for walking.

Next year we are doing Transatlantic from New York to Southampton on the Breakaway & looking forward to being on a big ship again.

We are just off the 10 day Jade cruise to Canada.

All around the ship, service was A+. Bar service, room steward, restaurant servers just perfect. And in many cases obviously over worked.

• I couldn't agree more!

Something must have been wrong on Jade. Most of the public restrooms were refrigerated. They had to leave doors open for all to view.

• I ran into this quite often also. I observed several times that the restroom cleaner would prop open the door during cleaning and would leave it that way when she left after cleaning. When I entered, I popped the hook and eye on the back of the door so it would close. I'm not in elementary school anymore where I have to use a restroom with the door propped open!

Lots of good lounge acts. Not so good daytime activities. Shows OK except Blazing Boots...did not seem to be very Country.

• I agree with you about this also! Not the type of country music I was expecting to hear. The guitarist performing late night in the Atrium was fabulous!

(Comments in text above)