Formal Nights for HAL 11 night Panama Cruise?

travel_fanatic

Hi, I am sailing on the Zuiderdam in Dec on an 11 night holiday cruise through the Panama Canal. I was wondering if there were going to be 2 or 3 formal nights, and when they would most likely be? I also know that the ship is going through dry dock until Nov 5th. Does that include any furniture upgrades or refurbishments to the suites, specifically the neptune? Thanks in advance!

Edited by travel_fanatic

For an 11 night holiday cruise Gala nights will most likely be the 2nd night and the next to last night. If you are sailing over New Year's Eve, that night will also be a Gala night. HAL does not have "formal" nights. The preferred dress code for men is jacket and tie, but this is NOT REQUIRED! The minimum for men is a collared shirt and slacks.

Yes your Neptune suite is being upgraded during the 2017 dry dock! Specifically, "top-level staterooms will receive new furnishings, colors, amenities and upgrades. Suites’ new furniture includes a sofa, lounge chairs and desk chair added to the living area. Contemporary carpeting and wall covers will give rooms a more present-day feel; bathroom suites will receive a makeover with makeup vanity while bedrooms will be upgraded as well with a quartz stone top on each desk, dresser and nightstands. Added amenities are in-cabin coffee and espresso machines and binoculars for use during sailing. In addition to cosmetic revamping and furnishings, electronic enhancements include a USB outlet added over the bed’s headboard, LED reading lights and lighted closet rod."

For an 11 night holiday cruise Gala nights will most likely be the 2nd night and the next to last night. If you are sailing over New Year's Eve, that night will also be a Gala night. HAL does not have "formal" nights. The preferred dress code for men is jacket and tie, but this is NOT REQUIRED! The minimum for men is a collared shirt and slacks.

Yes your Neptune suite is being upgraded during the 2017 dry dock! Specifically, "top-level staterooms will receive new furnishings, colors, amenities and upgrades. Suites’ new furniture includes a sofa, lounge chairs and desk chair added to the living area. Contemporary carpeting and wall covers will give rooms a more present-day feel; bathroom suites will receive a makeover with makeup vanity while bedrooms will be upgraded as well with a quartz stone top on each desk, dresser and nightstands. Added amenities are in-cabin coffee and espresso machines and binoculars for use during sailing. In addition to cosmetic revamping and furnishings, electronic enhancements include a USB outlet added over the bed’s headboard, LED reading lights and lighted closet rod."

Ahh, okay thanks! I'm really looking forward to see the improvements in the new rooms because I've seen some pictures and they look pretty dated.

Hi, I am sailing on the Zuiderdam in Dec on an 11 night holiday cruise through the Panama Canal. I was wondering if there were going to be 2 or 3 formal nights, and when they would most likely be? I also know that the ship is going through dry dock until Nov 5th. Does that include any furniture upgrades or refurbishments to the suites, specifically the neptune? Thanks in advance!

We are doing the same cruise Nov. 15. Our boarding passes state that there are 2 gala nights. Based on previous cruises I would guess that the gala nights would be the 1st sea day and the next to last sea day.

Helen