awesome moments of your cruises

mems

Awesome cruise moment? :confused: There were a few....considering 2005 was the year we took our very first cruise :)

I would have to say it was the moment I saw the ship for the first time as we pulled into the Port of Miami....there she was....the Radiance of the Seas......I was amazed at the sheer size of the ship, and once we boarded, I was amazed at the beauty of it all.

I will never forget that moment - it is etched in my memory forever. I should also mention that it was the moment I officially became addicted to cruising ;)

I still remember the first time we cruised when I looked up at that ship. WOW. It was awesome. As you continue cruising there will be new "awesome" moments each cruise. I wish I had written down all those moments at the time we expierenced them, they do fade in your memory in time. But they were wonderful. mems

Wow, what a short question with a potentially long answer! So many things. Will try to keep it short.

1. Swimming with the stingrays in Grand Cayman

2. Snorkeling with friends who met us in Cozumel

3. Hanging out on the beach at Majahual after an awesome excursion to the ruins

4. Spending wonderful time with my DH!

Guess those are my top 4 for THIS year!

1. Seeing my kids reaction when they realized we were not going to visit their cousin in South Florida and were taking a cruise instead.

2. My reaction when my younger brother flew in for the same cruise and completely surprised me!!

Great time!!

1. As far as I know, being on the first voyager-class ship to make it back to Cozumel post-Wilma (Voyager, Thurs. Dec. 8)

2. Hiking Dunn's River Falls with DH, DD, and 2 of our best friends

3. Being wowed (again) by the ice show on the Voyager

4. Dancing on stage (with a large group of other women) at the Tribute to the Temptations show

5. Watching my DH shed his pants (one of four guys) for The Quest

My highlight was waking up early for St. Thomas Immigration. We ordered room service coffee and sat on the balcony for the most AMAZING sunrise we have ever seen. It was the first cruise for both of us and our honeymoon so it was one of those unforgettable, special moments.

Tied for first is the reaction we had to the Caribbean ocean. That was the most beautiful water (and beaches) that we have ever seen in our lives.

Seeing the islands of the eastern caribbean through my son's eyes this time around. Watching the "Wow" expressions on his face as we pulled into each port. Hearing his laughter the first time he snorkeled w/ stingrays in the bahamas. The combination of looks while on the partially nude beach in St.Maarten . A teenagers first up-close experience was priceless... lots of giggles there. His overall excitement with the size of the cruise ship (explorer).... This experience for me was the best and I'll remember it always. It was a week of no complaining, no homework, no getting up for school early, no going to bed without arguments etc........It was PARADISE!!!!!!!!!!

Also our very first cruise.

One of the most awesome feelings of my life.

Standing on our aft balcony going out to sea with rays of sun shooting thru the clouds. We had just left our baby at college and were now empty nesters. It truly felt like a new journey of life.

Then the boat broke down. :rolleyes: Omen? Hope not.

Booked to go again in less than 2 months. Love crusin'

5. Watching my DH shed his pants (one of four guys) for The Quest

Have to say, this is also one of my favorite cruise memories. Our team-mates during Quest were complete strangers, and DH dragged this poor man pants-less around the lounge, leaping over planters and other people both in their underwear holding hands. :eek: DH wouldn't dream of doing this at home, which is proof to me that cruising brings out the inner-you and for some unexplainable reason you do things you wouldn't normally do.

DH says his best moment was the very first "Miami Vice" which is a slushy drink that's half pina colada and half strawberry daquiri. Yum! :rolleyes:

I was lucky enough to take 3 cruises this year. In March, my friend Colleen and I spent a nice day touring San Juan. Then we stopped in at a tiny bar called Guadelanex where they handed you percussion instruments when you entered. (Some traditional, some improvised) The barmaid spoke no English, the others at the bar were from Australia, Puerto Rico, England, and Mexico, and it was fantastic to be jamming to the music with drums, shakers, graters, and maracas!

In June, I went with my sister, my niece and my daughter. I’ll never forget cave tubing in Belize, coming out of the dark cave into warm sunlight, the slippery mud path, and the extremely rainy rainforest! We linked our tubes together for part of this amazing adventure.

In September, my childhood friend Jeanine and I went on a 7 day cruise that turned into an 11 day, as we were stuck south of Hurricane Rita. It was disconcerting, and freeing, to be roaming around at sea: we had an extra day in Jamaica and a couple days just sailing here and there along the southern coast. By the end, we were tired of being wet or sandy or in a bathing suit, so Jeanine read and did activities and I wrote a screenplay, and that was fun, too!

On every cruise, I have the same moment: I get up early the first day, getting ready in the near dark as my traveling companion(s) sleep. I bring a pad of paper and the compass, and a book or magazine to read. Then I go up to the Lido deck and have hot tea (and sometimes sneak a cigarette – on the appropriate side of the deck of course) and read or write and look at the ocean. Many times my eyes fill with tears at the sheer joy of it, the beauty of the ship and sea, how lucky I am to be traveling, how excited I am to treat my traveling companion to a cruise, how happy I am to be back, back on board again. This is my all time favorite ship moment. And it happens every time!

I took my 16 year old niece on her first cruise this year. On our first day in Bermuda after walking around the Dockyard in the morning we went back to the ship before our afternoon excursion. I asked her if she wanted to have lunch, her response was "Wow, they serve lunch too". We still laugh about that! I realized she had a lot to learn about cruising so I MUST take her on another cruise - we are going to the Caribbean in June. :D

Sailing into Vancouver under the Lion's Gate Bridge on the Diamond Princess.

Sailing out of Vancouver under the Lion's Gate Bridge on the Sun Princess with a large group of CC friends on our aft balcony (can you tell I like the LGB?)

Sailing out of Mallorca with just DH at my side on Brilliance of the Seas.

I guess just about any sailaway that I'm awake for is awesome!

Wow, I'm so glad to hear all your "awesome moments". I'm sorry I limited it to 2005 and glad so many of you went beyond that. Seeing a cruise from the eyes of a child must truly be awesome. My MEGA dream is to win the lotto and take all those I love and cherish on a cruise. sigh....if wishes were horses beggers would ride.

One of our "awesome moments" happened 2 years ago on our transatlantic cruise. We had wonderful and interesting dinner companions. One couple from Oregon (originally from Germany). Her sister from Munich. Another couple from Germany (who spoke no English, but needless to say we had no problem because there were 3 people at our table that spoke both English and German). Now I'm getting to the awesome moment. The other couple was from our area in Michigan. As dinner table conversation progressed we found out, the lady from our area was my husbands third cousin. My DH's hobby is genealogy. He is of French Canadian and German decent. Needless to say, I'm sure our waiter (who was wonderful), wanted to kick us out of the dining room because we kept sitting there and talking and talking..

Ok, future "awesome moment" I'm looking forward to seeing the green flash. Those who have seen it say it is awesome. mems

Sun running Wilma

Ominous clouds around

Alone on penthouse balcony

I ride the waves that pound

A prayer to mother nature

Rain begins to fall

Cleansing sins so small

No need no want no matter

Counting days gone by

Dolphins really fly