Really need some opinions on which cruise...

momof4girls

If it's about the ship and not the ports, why not sail Royal Caribbean Oasis class? Go big. Lot more to do, shows, etc. etc. When we priced out our cruise for late next year, Allure was cheaper than Carnival Glory or Magic for our family, similar stateroom categories. I like Carnival's itineraries better but if you want the ship, Royal has a better offering. You can also compare airline prices into both Orlando and South Florida, which gives you 3 airports and lots of carriers.

I do note Jen that you've been on Dream Class or Fantasy Class (with the old Triumph thrown in for good measure). The updated Conquest Class ships and the completely redone Sunshine are very nice boats. So don't be steered away by that.

I definitely desire to cruise other ships! Orlando is easiest for flying at this point, so I know I will eventually cruise whichever one I don’t pick this time.

To avoid sunburn THIS time around, apply 1 oz per adult (that's a shot glass full!) at least 30 mins BEFORE you leave the ship. Reapply every 2 hours, unless you get wet and TOWEL off! Then reapply immediately! Water-proof doesn't mean "towel-proof"!

If it's about the ship and not the ports, why not sail Royal Caribbean Oasis class? Go big. Lot more to do, shows, etc. etc. When we priced out our cruise for late next year, Allure was cheaper than Carnival Glory or Magic for our family, similar stateroom categories. I like Carnival's itineraries better but if you want the ship, Royal has a better offering. You can also compare airline prices into both Orlando and South Florida, which gives you 3 airports and lots of carriers.

Just out of curiosity, I did a mock booking and RCL is about $400 more. I have nothing against RCL (never sailed them so how could I), but we’ve always been perfectly happy with Carnival and what they have to offer, and just haven’t felt the need to try out another cruise line (yet). I know we will in the future, possibly when we can cruise twice a year instead of once. We usually take two vacations a year and one of them is always visiting family since they live so far away. :rolleyes:

Just out of curiosity, I did a mock booking and RCL is about $400 more. I have nothing against RCL (never sailed them so how could I), but we’ve always been perfectly happy with Carnival and what they have to offer, and just haven’t felt the need to try out another cruise line (yet). I know we will in the future, possibly when we can cruise twice a year instead of once. We usually take two vacations a year and one of them is always visiting family since they live so far away. :rolleyes:

RCL is notorious for their sales. We booked with kids sail free and some other offers. The price was several hundred cheaper than on a much more inferior class of ship with Carnival. Usually I view Carnival as a very good product for the price, which is generally much less. But if pricing is similar, Carnival can't compete.

My opinion is that all cruise lines are really good. So you can be happy on any of them. I have NCL coming up in a few months, did Carnival last year, just got off Royal, and have another Royal booked late next year. I'm not loyal at all, personally. I just noticed you mentioned you are all about the ship and if that's a big deal for you, why not try the biggest, most spectacular ship in the world if the pricing is similar? I usually like to suggest giving Oasis class a shot as it's like absolutely nothing you have ever experienced.

You'll have a great time regardless of which ship you chose, that's what's so awesome about cruising.

RCL is notorious for their sales. We booked with kids sail free and some other offers. The price was several hundred cheaper than on a much more inferior class of ship with Carnival. Usually I view Carnival as a very good product for the price, which is generally much less. But if pricing is similar, Carnival can't compete.

My opinion is that all cruise lines are really good. So you can be happy on any of them. I have NCL coming up in a few months, did Carnival last year, just got off Royal, and have another Royal booked late next year. I'm not loyal at all, personally. I just noticed you mentioned you are all about the ship and if that's a big deal for you, why not try the biggest, most spectacular ship in the world if the pricing is similar? I usually like to suggest giving Oasis class a shot as it's like absolutely nothing you have ever experienced.

You'll have a great time regardless of which ship you chose, that's what's so awesome about cruising.

I will definitely keep an eye on their site for sales! We aren’t loyal either. I’ve always compared prices on different cruise lines when we vacation. Until recently, we were only driving to the ports, which definitely limited our options. March is a higher priced time than our usual cruising months, so I’ve noticed that prices are higher across the board.

If you get a balcony, I would try one port side for views of the islands . In that case I would prefer the views from the sunshines port as opposed to the breeze ports.

Just a note for clarification -- on a ship, port side is the left side of the ship and starboard is the right side of the ship looking toward the front of the ship. Your view of 'ports' could be on either side of the ship depending on how the ship approaches the port. :)

If you go to Belize, there is a great excursion that Carnival offers for snorkeling and a visit to a private island. The best part is the snorkeling boat picks you up right from the ship. No need to tender into port! The island was honestly a slice of paradise, and the snorkeling boat has unlimited rum punch after the snorkeling!

March is a higher priced time than our usual cruising months, so I’ve noticed that prices are higher across the board.

Do you really have to celebrate your anniversary on the day? It's just so much cheaper late Feb that I would think it's worth just celebrating a tad earlier to save $1000's.

I did a mock booking between Breeze and Oasis in 3/19 and came within $60 for a balcony, FWIW.

Breeze with a balcony...but I will say that the sunshine OV are larger than normal...they are (or most of them are) 220sqft vs a reg OV at 185 sq ft so roomier and that cruise is one day longer...we cruised for our honeymoon for 8 days (on RCCL) and it was wonderful....it was that cruise that hooked us and been cruising ever since (several lines throughout the years)...we will always be on the balcony team (or OS) and love the newer ships like the Dream class

A regular OV is 185 square feet...really? I've been in reg. OV a few times on different ships and they were DEFINATELY larger than your typical inside which is 185...hmmm they were 220 sq. feet always

Do you really have to celebrate your anniversary on the day? It's just so much cheaper late Feb that I would think it's worth just celebrating a tad earlier to save $1000's.

I did a mock booking between Breeze and Oasis in 3/19 and came within $60 for a balcony, FWIW.

Not sure how you got that price difference except they maybe you chose a different balcony? I was comparing an oceanview balcony on Oasis to a Cove balcony on the Breeze.

The reason we will be celebrating the cruise during our actual anniversary is because our sitter (grandma) isn’t available during other times. For what it’s worth, prices for the Breeze in February are only a couple hundred dollars cheaper. :rolleyes:

A regular OV is 185 square feet...really? I've been in reg. OV a few times on different ships and they were DEFINATELY larger than your typical inside which is 185...hmmm they were 220 sq. feet always

Maybe they meant OV on Fantasy class ships. They are a small 185sq ft.