Cloud 9 Spa room vs L-shaped balcony room?

CruizCuz

Ok, for about the same pricing (spa room a little more), we can get either an L-shaped aft balcony cabin or a Cloud 9 Spa balcony cabin. Both are on the Sunshine for a cruise in August 2018. It is for our 25th wedding anniversary, and we have never had a Spa room. But we were also really looking forward to the special thalassotherapy pool, and realize that the Sunshine doesn't have that. What are some of the other benefits to having a Spa room? The L-shaped cabin would be aft, have a larger balcony and closer to activities. But the Spa room would be quiet and closer to the Serenity deck. What would you choose and why?

Tough choice! We booked our first spa room on the Magic this January, and I'm super excited about the quiet and that thalassotherapy pool. Would I still have booked the spa without it? Yes. I like the idea of the floor being quieter and no smoking.

I think it would depend which you think you'd use more -- your own balcony or the spa/serenity facilities?

All I have ever noticed in the fatassotherapy pool is people that look like they should be in the hospital. :D Way to hot for my skin and it smells like dead skin cells.

I would take that aft cabin, and I usually avoid those cabins.

The Sunshine does not have a T-pool in their spa --- so I would go for the larger balcony cabin.

We really do like spa cabins on the Magic, Breeze, etc. but I would skip it on the Sunshine. Enjoy the gorgeous serenity area instead.

Just my .02

Well we just booked our first spa balcony on the Magic for next week. Definitely having the t-pool is a plus since it's the only adult type pool available on that ship. Not sure if it's worth it on the Sunshine though, we've had the L-shaped balcony on that ship and others and truly love them. For our next cruise on the Breeze we snagged one just recently and can't wait to have it for 2 whole weeks. It also would depend on your itinerary and if your planning to get off the ship or stay on during that time. Sometimes the spa hours can interfere with port day schedules and just not finding enough time to go. Another option is to purchase the spa pass along with the L-shaped balcony room, we did this once on the Dream with just a regular room booked. But both rooms sound great!

Thank you all for the responses! For clarification purposes, the balcony isn't "L shaped", it's the room. The balcony is slightly longer. The Spa room also has a balcony, which is larger than the aft one, and also the room is larger. After MUCH consideration, I realized we probably wouldn't use the T pool. We WOULD however enjoy the different saunas and quiet areas. Especially since this is our anniversary. We are also within steps to the Serenity deck. We have booked the spa room, but since it's not "early saver", we can always change our minds.

We LOVE the Cloud 9 Spa! BUT- mainly because of the T-pool. I really enjoy the thermosuites, but my husband doesn't care for them all that much. He likes the wet steam room but you can only be in there for short bursts, the other rooms are meant to lounge, relax and stay longer- he's not a huge fan of those. He does like the relax room where you can fix hot tea or iced fruit infused water and watch the sea. That is what he does while I completely enjoy those other areas. So- without the thalassotherapy pool, I would opt for the L shaped room.

I know you've already booked but the "L Shaped Balcony" cabins win for us almost every time. So much so that we have 4 booked on our upcoming cruise in February.

It's not a "slightly" longer balcony, it's double or more the length and allows for a full size lounger. Additionally, the cabins we've had on deck 6 have been oh so quiet. Did I mention, the bed faces the two large window?! Seriously, I scoop these up whenever I can, they are my favorite cabin type. Well, until we find a good price on a wrap around balcony... Those I really want to try!

Happy sailing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you've already booked but the "L Shaped Balcony" cabins win for us almost every time. So much so that we have 4 booked on our upcoming cruise in February.

It's not a "slightly" longer balcony, it's double or more the length and allows for a full size lounger. Additionally, the cabins we've had on deck 6 have been oh so quiet. Did I mention, the bed faces the two large window?! Seriously, I scoop these up whenever I can, they are my favorite cabin type. Well, until we find a good price on a wrap around balcony... Those I really want to try!

Happy sailing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I️ so totally agree with you 100% on the l-shapes rooms and super long balconies. We just snagged one on an upgrade for 14-day cruise next year so excited. The deck 6 rooms are the best with 2 windows and we actually had 2 loungers in our last one on the Magic last year. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I️ so totally agree with you 100% on the l-shapes rooms and super long balconies. We just snagged one on an upgrade for 14-day cruise next year so excited. The deck 6 rooms are the best with 2 windows and we actually had 2 loungers in our last one on the Magic last year. [emoji16]

WOO HOO!! I was able to change my Spa cabin for the original L-shaped room with the longer balcony. It is cabin 6344/Sunshine. I am SO excited to be able to snag this cabin once again. Thank you, thank you all for the advice and comments. I do believe I have made the best choice and will wait to stay in a Cloud 9 Spa room on a ship with the T pool. Anyone who has stayed in cabin 6344, I would appreciate any and all suggestions and comments. Thank you all again!

WOO HOO!! I was able to change my Spa cabin for the original L-shaped room with the longer balcony. It is cabin 6344/Sunshine. I am SO excited to be able to snag this cabin once again. Thank you, thank you all for the advice and comments. I do believe I have made the best choice and will wait to stay in a Cloud 9 Spa room on a ship with the T pool. Anyone who has stayed in cabin 6344, I would appreciate any and all suggestions and comments. Thank you all again!

Haven’t stayed in that particular room on that floor but the l-shaped cabin on deck 7 had a smaller loveseat in it which usually isn’t on other ships (usually just has a chair and smaller table). So that might be a plus on the Sunshine Do a google search and you will probably find some pics of that particular cabin inside. Glad you got it figured out. [emoji16]

We LOVE the Cloud 9 Spa! BUT- mainly because of the T-pool. I really enjoy the thermosuites, but my husband doesn't care for them all that much. He likes the wet steam room but you can only be in there for short bursts, the other rooms are meant to lounge, relax and stay longer- he's not a huge fan of those. He does like the relax room where you can fix hot tea or iced fruit infused water and watch the sea. That is what he does while I completely enjoy those other areas. So- without the thalassotherapy pool, I would opt for the L shaped room.

Yea I met a lonely wife that way...... her husband just sat and read all the time!!

All I have ever noticed in the fatassotherapy pool is people that look like they should be in the hospital. :D Way to hot for my skin and it smells like dead skin cells.

LOL...... I have a spa cabin in 2019. I was looking to relax in the hospital pool. I will have to shower a lot to get the dead cells off.......

I’ve not found the T-pool to be too hot... not any hotter than any regular hot tub.

We use it at least once per day on every ship that has one.

I had the same choices to make. Spa or L room with double length balcony. The Premier fairy sent me Emails, so I booked the Spa with salt pool for February, and the big balcony in September. Both on Splendor, which I have never seen!

I think you will enjoy the L room with its large balcony. I have always enjoyed the different shaped rooms, just cause they are different.

I had the same choices to make. Spa or L room with double length balcony. The Premier fairy sent me Emails, so I booked the Spa with salt pool for February, and the big balcony in September. Both on Splendor, which I have never seen!

I think you will enjoy the L room with its large balcony. I have always enjoyed the different shaped rooms, just cause they are different.

Moviela, I have had one of the L-shaped rooms before, but only once on the Splendor. You will love that ship.