Boarding Adventure tomorrow - we made it!

ckrobyn

Honestly, I️ can’t believe we are here in San Juan. The last few months since the catastrophic hurricane hit Puerto Rico have been fraught with changes in flights and hotels and coming very close to not having a flight home at all when Air Canada pulled their planes out of SJ and neglected to tell us!

Let me be clear, my travel drama is NOTHING compared to what the citizens of this lovely island have to endure.....

I️ know many of you with upcoming cruises out of SJ are probably eagerly waiting for updates like I was, so I️ want to pay it forward and hopefully lend some insight.

We flew on American Airlines from Toronto to Miami, with a 2 hour stopover, then on to SJ. The flights were great.

Just as we were starting to descend into SJ I️ was looking out the window and noticing most homes seemed to have pools in their backyard- kinda hard to see from 10,000 feet but it looked like many pools. As we continued our descent it became sadly apparent that I wasn’t looking at pools at all, what I was seeing were blue tarps covering the majority of roofs of people’s homes [emoji853]

The devastation is very apparent from the air, and it’s heartbreaking.

The airport itself is running on full power, with shops and restaurants operating normally. They are also in the process of installing slot machines in the departure terminal!

Taxi ride to our hotel was quick, and we are very fortunate to be staying at La Concha which has full power. I️ know that hotels are canceling reservations all the time and we were very stressed that we may not have anywhere to stay. We feel very lucky.

The Condado area has many shops and restaurants open, although many are running on generator power. We ate dinner in the hotel tonight, and it was great. The lobby is full of people with live music.

I’m so excited to board the Adventure tomorrow, and look forward to a fun week on my favorite ship! [emoji16]

I’m happy to answer any questions..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome back, Robyn. And thank you for your kind words and support by continuing to come down.

Welcome back, Robyn. And thank you for your kind words and support by continuing to come down.

Thank you so much. My thoughts are with you, your family and the entire island as you rebuild.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am interested in hearing more about the (free?) shuttle bus from the airport to the cruise port. Where can I find more information about this. We sail Dec 2, is this because there are limited taxis?We may save us from having to bring out car seats for the children if we don't have to travel by taxi.

Thank you

I took the "free" shuttle from SJ airport to Adventure on 10/28, after waiting in line for it in the airport for 2.5 hours..... On disembarkation, I bypassed the shuttle and got a taxi for $25 to the airport. Money well spent.

Sent from my iPad using Forums