Wi-Fi and access to VRBO and Airbnb. Anyone access theses sites? Value Plan?

fsufancc

I have a vacation home that I rent out using VRBO and Airbnb. I need to be able to access those sites should a booking request come in my inbox.

I am wondering if anyone else has accessed these sites while cruising on Carnival (Liberty/Dec 10) and if the Value Plan would cover me?

I know the Social plan will not work and I am hoping not to have to buy the Premium plan as it appears to be overkill for what I need.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Is there anyone to take care of this while you vacation?
No, I'd rather the pre-screening and such stay with me. Bookings have slowed down since it is winter (this is a cabin in the Western NC mountains) and the cruise is only 4 days (Liberty Dec 10). I can answer questions via standard e-mail, I just have better flexibility when I can look at my calendar and such. I use both VRBO and Airbnb and I have to manually synch the calendars if I get a booking.

I just figured that someone had tried this before.

the value plan will let you surf most of the internet so you should be able to get to those sites but if they are very graphic intensive or have a lot of scripts running you may notice it's pretty slow to load pages. Carnival does block some sites for content but I seriously doubt either of those are on the list.

Forgive me, it may be more limited than I remembered:

Value Wi-Fi Plan ($12 USD per day)*

Access the most popular social websites and applications including e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, SnapChat as well as the most popular news, sports, weather, banking, finance, airline sites and entertainment. Does not support Skype calling or music/video streaming (such as Spotify, Hulu or Netflix). Cellular-network-dependent Wi-Fi calling and Facetime services are also not supported.

When i was on and surfing I may have only visited those sites enumerated here. I can't guarantee your sites are among those. But like Sadie said above - get the Value plan and try it - if it doesn't work then you know you can upgrade easily (if not cheaply).

• 1 year later...

I'm on the Carnival Paradise and have the value plan so I can manage my Airbnb.  Unfortunately, however, I was informed that Airbnb (even just to message guests) is not allowed on the plan.  She said I could try to upgrade to the highest plan but it may not even work then.  Not sure why Carnival thinks that the Airbnb website is as data intense as Netflix or Hulu?!?!  Why wouldn't they just meter my connection?