NCL Alaska Shore Excursions

mikaula

I booked an NCL Alaskan cruise for July 2018. There are no shore excursions listed on their website yet. Anyone know when they will upload them? Noticed lots of people on the Alaska board have already booked excursions for next summer on other lines. Seems odd that NCL doesn't post them yet. Anyone know when they'll be available to book?

I booked an NCL Alaskan cruise for July 2018. There are no shore excursions listed on their website yet. Anyone know when they will upload them? Noticed lots of people on the Alaska board have already booked excursions for next summer on other lines. Seems odd that NCL doesn't post them yet. Anyone know when they'll be available to book?

Lots of people book private excursions in AK. Spend some time exploring the AK board and look into private excursions.

We are on the Norwegian Bliss in July 2018. I believe they do not list any excursions until closer to the cruise dates. Does anyone have any recommendations for excursions they have done in the past. We are very excited to see Alaska as we celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.

If I remember correctly they did not post excursions until much closer to the cruise date, like 2-3 months before. And even then, they showed up rather piecemeal, only a handful at a time for each port, and some ports did not have any listed until later. I was on the first Alaska cruise of the season for the Pearl in early May, so that may have made a difference.

We did the Pearl in 2016 and booked our own excursions and saved a ton of money over what NCL wanted. There was 3 of us, DW, 6yo DD and myself. In Skagway we booked with Chillkoot Charters for the train trip to Carcross Yukon and bus back and in Ketchikan we booked the Aleutian Ballard Deadliest Crab Boat Tour. I want to say by booking ourselves we saved $150 on each excursion for a $300 savings over NCL.