lobster lunch

xvi

Hello everyone,

I know that there is no lobster on the Dawn at all, or that's my understanding anyways. Not an issue for us as we are vegetarian, but my mum who will also be on the cruise absolutely loves lobster. Loves. So. Does anyone have any recommendations for lunch spots / beach grills etc. at any of our ports that have a good lobster lunch? Googled but only thing I'm finding is boat excursions w lobster lunch included. Looking more for a seaside restaurant etc. serving fresh lobster. Would like to treat her on one of the following port days: St Lucia, Martinique, St Kitts, Antigua, St Thomas. Thanks very much.

The Copper and Lumber Inn at Nelson’s Dockyard on St. John’s Antigua is where the excursions go for their lobster lunch. I have not eaten there though so I can’t say whether it’s good or not.

Thanks for the suggestion! Will look into this one ;)

Ports will have "warm water" lobster...not quite the same as "cold water" or "Maine" lobster.... You can google your ports and add "restaurants that have lobster"....

As stated, have already googled and did not find what I was looking for... but thanks for assuming I'm incompetent...:rolleyes:

I'm sure plenty of restaurants have lobster, what I'm looking for is personal recommendations from people who have had a memorable experience at one in particular or have heard of a good place. Google can list results but cannot give opinions like the good folks at cruisecritic can. Human interaction and all...

As stated, have already googled and did not find what I was looking for... but thanks for assuming I'm incompetent...:rolleyes:

I'm sure plenty of restaurants have lobster, what I'm looking for is personal recommendations from people who have had a memorable experience at one in particular or have heard of a good place. Google can list results but cannot give opinions like the good folks at cruisecritic can. Human interaction and all...

A little sensitive. I think they where trying to help. Not everyone is computer literate. If you ask for help take what you need from those helping and try a thank you [emoji850]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A little sensitive. I think they where trying to help. Not everyone is computer literate. If you ask for help take what you need from those helping and try a thank you [emoji850]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow. Really? And do you think you are being helpful? Hmm.

I think I already stated the fact that I had googled my query prior to posting. What I'm seeking is first hand accounts and this is the place!

I definitely appreciate the help of those who take the time to read my question...

and I definitely appreciate those who have been kind and generous in offering up some helpful insight...

but not so much those offering snark, like yourself.

If you read back in the thread, I believe you'll see that I have thanked those who did actually offer their assistance, and I thank them once again for their assistance.

I typed “lobster restaurant Antigua” into Google and got a list of restaurants plus other matches. The one important one is on TripAdvisor - you can search restaurants on each island, search for a specific dish, and they will have ratings and reviews.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I typed “lobster restaurant Antigua” into Google and got a list of restaurants plus other matches. The one important one is on TripAdvisor - you can search restaurants on each island, search for a specific dish, and they will have ratings and reviews.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Why do you assume I haven’t already done the reasearch when I’ve stated several times in this thread that I have already done the basic googling and not zeroed in on what I’m looking for... It’s pretty simple to compile a list of restaurants on google and read Tripadvisor reviews (I’m a senior reviewer there so I know the drill)... but that’s not really what I’m looking for. What I’m looking for is shout outs from my cruise peeps if they’ve had a really standout lobster meal on their port days... personal testimonies... recommendations specific to cruisers... etc etc.

This thread was started for those who may like to share with everyone their best meal at port now that NCL doesn’t carry lobster, not as a debate or lesson on “how to google”... which is what it Is turning into. Please reserve those comments for other threads.

If you have a restaurant shoutout, we would love to hear it, and appreciate all recommendations and suggestions on “must go” places to get my mom her lobster fix :)

I will also add that a lot of the “lobster restaurants” that specialize, like Rock Lobster in St. Kitts, only do dinner... which is why I’m asking if anyone has had a nice lobster lunch specifically.

Thank you :)

Why do you assume I haven’t already done the reasearch when I’ve stated several times in this thread that I have already done the basic googling and not zeroed in on what I’m looking for... It’s pretty simple to compile a list of restaurants on google and read Tripadvisor reviews (I’m a senior reviewer there so I know the drill)... but that’s not really what I’m looking for. What I’m looking for is shout outs from my cruise peeps if they’ve had a really standout lobster meal on their port days... personal testimonies... recommendations specific to cruisers... etc etc.

This thread was started for those who may like to share with everyone their best meal at port now that NCL doesn’t carry lobster, not as a debate or lesson on “how to google”... which is what it Is turning into. Please reserve those comments for other threads.

If you have a restaurant shoutout, we would love to hear it, and appreciate all recommendations and suggestions on “must go” places to get my mom her lobster fix :)

I will also add that a lot of the “lobster restaurants” that specialize, like Rock Lobster in St. Kitts, only do dinner... which is why I’m asking if anyone has had a nice lobster lunch specifically.

Thank you :)

I don't really know why, but this time of year these boards just get downright cranky. You asked a simple question, and weeding out the Miss Manners, and irritable posters, I think you got some good advice here. But, my go-to for restaurants and reviews is Yelp. I searched St. Kitts, VI for lobster restaurants, and got a pretty good list. Then, if you click on "more filters" you can add locations, and also click on "seafood".

Yelp almost always has recent reviews, and what like about it is people review on the hole-in-the-wall with great food type of places. I have read that the beachside bar and grills have great seafood, because they literally buy it off the beach freshly caught. (I'm making myself drool; looooooove lobster.)

Jacqui O's in Antigua has lobster but its VERY expensive. I have also heard a number of restaurants in Martinique serve lobster, LePetibonum comes to mind.

Awesome! Both of these are already on my list of best beach bars so sounds like plan! Thanks very much