Maya Key/Daniel Johnson's

ACeruland

We are planning to do an NCL excursion to Maya Key (we normally arrange our own tours, but we have a shore excursion credit this time around), but I also want to visit Daniel Johnson's, for which we would be on our own. We're only in port from 10am-6pm. The possible departure times to Maya Key are 10:30, 11, and 11:30. If we hurry off the ship as soon as possible, would we have enough time to cuddle some sloths and get back in time for the 11:30 departure, or is it better to leave Maya Key early and just go to Daniel Johnson's from there?

Thanks!

Daniel's is a ways away from Coxen Hole. My suggestion would be to go to Maya Key first, leave early and then go to Daniel's. Give yourself an hour plus for transportation time to and from and make sure you're using ship time not island time. Roatan is on Central Standard time (UTC -6 ) and does not observe day light savings time. Daniel's on FB so maybe you can contact him through his page and see what times he's open. Getting to be a very popular stop and many tour operators head there.

Daniel's is a ways away from Coxen Hole. My suggestion would be to go to Maya Key first, leave early and then go to Daniel's. Give yourself an hour plus for transportation time to and from and make sure you're using ship time not island time. Roatan is on Central Standard time (UTC -6 ) and does not observe day light savings time. Daniel's on FB so maybe you can contact him through his page and see what times he's open. Getting to be a very popular stop and many tour operators head there.

Thanks! That is basically what I was thinking, but just wanted confirmation. :)

We immensely enjoyed our day in Maya Key. The good news is that a small boat leaves the island every half hour to return to the cruise pier, so you aren't stuck if there is something else you want to do. The bad news is that there would be considerable travel involved, and we enjoyed just staying in whichever pier area it is that Royal Caribbean uses when we got back. I am also glad that we maximized our time on Maya Key.

• 3 weeks later...

We decided to book with Daniels directly instead of doing Maya Key. He is charging half the price of NCL excursion for an island tour and time at the monkey hangout. Maya key has monkeys also, so it might be redundant to do both. You should contact Daniel on Facebook. He gave us plenty of tour options.