Advice re Eagle Beach please

IHRS

It will likely be a cruise stop although a land vacation (perhaps a week visit) is also possible. We traditionally do a last minute trip that time of year (late Oct - early Nov) and will make a final travel decision based on how we feel at the time and available deals. You should post your "fabulous" restaurant info since we have never been overwhelmed by Aruba eating venues. We have wanted to try Fred's, but since we do not plan these kind of trips more then a few days or weeks in advance it has been impossible to even get a reservation. But I must admit that when we vacation on Aruba its not for the food.

Hank

I haven't been to Fred's yet, but the reviews are good. We love Wilhelmina, which is downtown. Also, Two Fools and a Bull is excellent, but is booked up months in advance. Another great one is Carte Blanche, but it also books up months in advance.

I wonder if the vendor you used on the beach went out of business. I imagine that the rent on those new buildings is steep, and along with the exorbitant fees and taxes that the government imposes, it could be that it was more revenue than the vendor was able to take in.

• 3 weeks later...
It will likely be a cruise stop although a land vacation (perhaps a week visit) is also possible. We traditionally do a last minute trip that time of year (late Oct - early Nov) and will make a final travel decision based on how we feel at the time and available deals. You should post your "fabulous" restaurant info since we have never been overwhelmed by Aruba eating venues. We have wanted to try Fred's, but since we do not plan these kind of trips more then a few days or weeks in advance it has been impossible to even get a reservation. But I must admit that when we vacation on Aruba its not for the food.

Hank

Surprised to read this! We have been going to Aruba for 20+ years and the restaurants are FANTASTIC!! You are the first person I have heard say this about restaurants....but you are entitled to your opinion. The awesome restaurants are one reason why we suggest people don’t do all inclusive , besides it being a MUCH safer island than many other in the Caribbean.

Also, Two Fools and a Bull has been sold. Not sure if anyone else will take it over.

Surprised to read this! We have been going to Aruba for 20+ years and the restaurants are FANTASTIC!! You are the first person I have heard say this about restaurants....but you are entitled to your opinion. The awesome restaurants are one reason why we suggest people don’t do all inclusive , besides it being a MUCH safer island than many other in the Caribbean.

Also, Two Fools and a Bull has been sold. Not sure if anyone else will take it over.

Hank had mentioned in a previous post that he had experienced good, but not great, restaurants in Aruba. That's why I mentioned these. I learned today that someone did buy Two Fools and a Bull. From what I hear, they plan to keep the same format.