How do I host a private party?

mushroom

I want to host a small party (14 ttl people) in my minisuite on the Caribbean Princess. I have ordered the liquor from Princess - it will be in my cabin. However, I want to have some snacks, chips and dip, shrimp, etc. Is it possible to pre-order this? If so, who do I call? Thanks for your advice.

Are you wanting to do this for sailaway, or sometime during the cruise? If it's during the cruise, all you have to do is call room service - just remember that they need to have at least several hours' notice, or even better, order your snacks a day in advance.

Forget Room Service! You will be charged!

Contact your Butler/Steward .. who in turn will coordinate. They may bring in Food/Beverage people etc.

A mini-Suite and a Suite still are something special that not everyone books. The cruise line LOVES to show off the top-end accomodations to the lowly 'inside' guarantee people. As such planning a party in a mini/suite is really public relations for Princess.

I normally will plan a table-party on a cruise .. or on the Panama Canal I had people to the suite (an aft facing suite) for the afternoon of the transit. Princess offered a bar tender .. and to set up buffet tables .. all I wanted to same wine and soda (I think I paid for that) and some chips and canapes and sweets (which I know was free).

USE your Steward/Butler to help you out.

There MAY be a limit to the number a cabin is allowed to hold .. I have done probably 12 in the past and the Captain and male/female singers popped in also (the old old Island Princess in the Owners Suite) ... but normally 8-10 is fine. 14 may be pushing it .. at which point you may need to coordinate to find some other location.

Princess will provide 'invites' for you to give your friends the final details (assuming not sail-away) or perhaps you can print some in the computer area ... once you know the details (time/place).

enjoy!

Forget Room Service! You will be charged!

Contact your Butler/Steward

That is simply not true.

First, Princess has no butlers on its ships; and when we entertained in our suite on The Golden, Karoly the room service supervisor arranged everything without charge for any service. We were only charged for the consumable items, i.e. food and alcohol.

Since you will have to plan this after boarding, call and ask about any charges.

Mike:)

Archived