Cancel and rebook excursions?

mistyinca

Oops I pressed post before I was finished. I didn't use CAPS and the promo wasn't applied. I called Customer Service and they told me to cancel and rebook. I asked about excursions I have already booked and he told me I could cancel and rebook them also to get the discount.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Forums mobile app

Sorry, but there is. The offer from John Heald, when it was first given, says that it is for new excursion orders. This posting started with the question "Cancel and Rebook excursions", and has progressed from there. It is just one more extension of the mentality of how can I pull one over on Carnival or any other entity that I can get something from.

If they didn’t want you to do it that way, then they would forbid you from rebooking with the discount. Celebrity does it with some of their specials that say “For new bookings only”. You aren’t allowed to cancel your current reservation and rebook under the lower rates. If Carnival didn’t want you to do it, the system would kick it out and the reps wouldn’t tell you to do it. Nothing wrong or immoral about it.

And I’m betting that JH said it’s for new excursions meaning it can’t be applied to a current one as in they won’t adjust prices that are already locked in. That goes along with what the reps are telling people. You need to book a “New” excursion.

Anyone know how this would work, canceling and re booking, if you used gift cards to pay for it? Will the money immediately go back on the original GC or do they mail out a new one?

The GCs are nonreloadable so they would issue a new GC. Unless you have others on hand to pay to rebook, I would just leave it alone.

The GCs are nonreloadable so they would issue a new GC. Unless you have others on hand to pay to rebook, I would just leave it alone.

Thanks! You happen to know how long it takes them to send out a new GC? I have some others but I plan to use them all on cheers before my cruise (leaves Dec 23).

Thanks! You happen to know how long it takes them to send out a new GC? I have some others but I plan to use them all on cheers before my cruise (leaves Dec 23).

I haven’t had anything besides my onboard account credited back via GC, but I got it within a few days of getting off the ship. It arrived via FedEx.

Sorry, but there is. The offer from John Heald, when it was first given, says that it is for new excursion orders. This posting started with the question "Cancel and Rebook excursions", and has progressed from there. It is just one more extension of the mentality of how can I pull one over on Carnival or any other entity that I can get something from.

Are you kidding me? How it is pulling one over on Carnival?

Anyone know how this would work, canceling and re booking, if you used gift cards to pay for it? Will the money immediately go back on the original GC or do they mail out a new one?

That depends....

When we booked the cruise directly though Carnival, refund GCs for cancelled excursions were received by us within a week.

When we booked the cruise through a TA, it took us nearly 6 weeks to get the refund GC for a cancelled excursion. Carnival sends the refund GC to the TA, but their customer service thinks it was sent to us. Took many hours and many phone calls to get it sorted out. PITA.

That depends....

When we booked the cruise directly though Carnival, refund GCs for cancelled excursions were received by us within a week.

When we booked the cruise through a TA, it took us nearly 6 weeks to get the refund GC for a cancelled excursion. Carnival sends the refund GC to the TA, but their customer service thinks it was sent to us. Took many hours and many phone calls to get it sorted out. PITA.

Got ya thanks. We booked through a PVP and I booked the excursion directly through carnival on the website. It would probably be fine but being so close I don't think i'm going to risk it for a $20 savings.