Shore Ex cancelled, no notification from HAL

bleacher04

So I called ShoreEx, and yes, the excursion in question was cancelled for that date. But they have no record of an email notice being sent to me (or to the other two booking numbers in our party). So it was probably a systems error, as all of our email addresses are correct.

Anyway, we have our refund, and all of our other HAL excursions are intact, so that appears to have been our only issue.

So I called ShoreEx, and yes, the excursion in question was cancelled for that date. But they have no record of an email notice being sent to me (or to the other two booking numbers in our party). So it was probably a systems error, as all of our email addresses are correct.

Anyway, we have our refund, and all of our other HAL excursions are intact, so that appears to have been our only issue.

Perhaps ShoreEx is in a learning curve? BTW, did you check your roll call to see if there were similar third-party excursions?

BTW, did you check your roll call to see if there were similar third-party excursions?

Our roll call has 10 posts, LOL -- and three of them are CruiseCritic auto-posts :D

It's a 7-day Holiday cruise, so not a lot of roll call activity. Two of the four ports are not very developed, and online searches didn't turn up anything very attractive, which is why we went for HAL excursions.

Our roll call has 10 posts, LOL -- and three of them are CruiseCritic auto-posts :D

It's a 7-day Holiday cruise, so not a lot of roll call activity. Two of the four ports are not very developed, and online searches didn't turn up anything very attractive, which is why we went for HAL excursions.

Well, that is disappointing. What are your ports? The cruise sounds interesting.

Well, that is disappointing. What are your ports? The cruise sounds interesting.

Cozumel; Banana Coast (Trujillo), Honduras; Santo Tomas de Castilla, Guatemala; & Costa Maya. The Honduras and Guatemala ports are the ones I referred to as less developed; the two Mexican ports are probably over-developed!

But we didn't pick this cruise for the ports; it was a relatively affordable Holiday cruise (compared to other itineraries in that season), conveniently to places we hadn't visited before, and which were unaffected by the Eastern Caribbean hurricanes. Mainly it's an opportunity to get away with the family.

And as a bonus, this short 7-day cruise will push me up to 4-star Mariner status :D