Snorkeling Excursion

zorky12

Traveling on the Carnival Vista on Jan 21. Was wandering if anyone knows of a perfect snorkeling excursion for myself and wife. My wife does not want to snorkel but wouldn't mind getting in the water. She is actually scared to snorkel. We would like an excursion where we can both go and enjoy. Is there excursion that are recommended that may work for us? Like a glass bottom boat or something? I really don't want to snorkel on a couple foot deep sand bar which it looks like alot of the excursions I see go to a sting ray sand bar location. I would like to see some reefs and coral.

First, on excursions, everyone must wear a floatation vest, so that might quell her fears. I don't enjoy snorkeling either, but if I could lie on the beach or splash in the surf, I'd be happy, while hubby did his snorkeling thing. I'm sure your wife will enjoy something similar...even if it's a boat trip and she can lounge about the boat!

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from grand Cayman. we walked a couple of blocks to paradise restaurant. right on the water. no real beach but stairs into the water. roped off snorkel area so very safe. all equipment (including flotation vest) were rented from the snorkel shop (attached to restaurant) for a very reasonable price for the entire day. DH did not want to snorkel so he sat in the open air restaurant enjoying a drink and the view. I snorkeled and then sat with him for lunch and drinks. great reasonably priced excursion on your own.

I just got back from grand Cayman. we walked a couple of blocks to paradise restaurant. right on the water. no real beach but stairs into the water. roped off snorkel area so very safe. all equipment (including flotation vest) were rented from the snorkel shop (attached to restaurant) for a very reasonable price for the entire day. DH did not want to snorkel so he sat in the open air restaurant enjoying a drink and the view. I snorkeled and then sat with him for lunch and drinks. great reasonably priced excursion on your own.

This sounds like exactly what I was looking for, I will look into this. Thank you

Traveling on the Carnival Vista on Jan 21. Was wandering if anyone knows of a perfect snorkeling excursion for myself and wife. My wife does not want to snorkel but wouldn't mind getting in the water. She is actually scared to snorkel. We would like an excursion where we can both go and enjoy. Is there excursion that are recommended that may work for us? Like a glass bottom boat or something? I really don't want to snorkel on a couple foot deep sand bar which it looks like alot of the excursions I see go to a sting ray sand bar location. I would like to see some reefs and coral.

We did a snorkel and Stingray City boat trip about 7 years ago (I remember because hubby proposed first night of cruise) through a private charter, not the cruise ship. We stopped at 2 places to snorkel and it was great, then swam with the stingrays which was awesome. Our boat only had a few people on it while the cruise ship boats had 100 people. Even had a souvenir conch shell the captain retrieved for each couple to bring home. Plan to do the same type excursion in February.