Has anyone used italytours.eu recently? Looking for recommendations

angelik

16 minutes ago, scapjm said:

We were six on our wonderful tour to Florence. One man was very tall; like 6’4” so he said upfront. His wife sat in another row with a couple and we were in the back. I think another person upfront and another in the back would’ve been just fine. It had three long benches with seatbelts for three; upfront included the driver, of course. 
it was what they call a minivan. It was a Mercedes, but I would call it more of a cross between a minivan and a full-size van. They’re quite good sized.

Thanks so much for the details. I was thinking of like a Dodge minivan, lol. Yes, we will be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on Norwegian Escape sailing from Trieste to Barcelona.  We used Italytours.eu for 4 of our stops -- Best of Pompeii & Sorrento; Best of Rome with Vatican; Best of Florence & Pisa; Best of French Riviera.  These were 100% the best tours of our trip. Communication with the company leading up to the cruise was perfect. The drivers and guides were professional and informative, the guides at Pompeii and the Vatican were extremely knowledgeable, and the timings of our stops was perfect.  We arrived back at the ship with plenty of time left. I wish we could have used this company for every stop! 

• Like 2

On 6/11/2024 at 11:26 AM, Pip and Alan said:

Interesting to see your comment as our experience of this tour from Sorrento was not at all good. I have sent feedback to the company 

Can you share your experience?

Our group used Italytours.eu for two separate tours out of Livorno in June 2024.  

The first tour was a semi-private Best of Florence (without Pisa) tour.  This included four members of our group (plus three others).  They enjoyed the guided tour of Florence, which included seeing the David in the Accademia Museum.  They also had free time, which was coordinated in advance with Italytours.eu so that they were able to get tickets to enter the Uffizi Gallery during free time.  

The second tour was a private tour for four that went to Siena and San Gimignano.  We did not have a guided tour, but we enjoyed being able to wander around at our own pace.  Our driver pointed out interesting sites as we were driving around Tuscany.  It is a long drive from the port, but we specifically wanted to go to Siena, and we were able to enjoy the beautiful scenery. 

Everyone that I communicated with in the office was helpful and very nice.  We would recommend them
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We did 3 Italy tours shore excursions while on Sun Princess in August.  We did the Florence/Pisa, the Marseille France and the Pompeii Almafi coast.  All 3 were excellent.  We had great drivers who got us there safely, and the guides were very friendly, entertaining and knew their stuff.  Everything was perfect and I highly recommend them.  Their vans dropped us off close to site while the Princess bases involved lots of walking.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2024 at 6:15 AM, vacationlady60 said:

We did 3 Italy tours shore excursions while on Sun Princess in August.  We did the Florence/Pisa, the Marseille France and the Pompeii Almafi coast.  All 3 were excellent.  We had great drivers who got us there safely, and the guides were very friendly, entertaining and knew their stuff.  Everything was perfect and I highly recommend them.  Their vans dropped us off close to site while the Princess bases involved lots of walking.  

Thanks for your post.

I just booked our tour out of Naples with ItalyTours.eu

We just got back from our cruise and used Italytours.eu for three tours - Naples: Pompeii/Sorrento/Amalfi; Provence: Marseilles, Aix, Cassis; and La Spezia: Cinque Terre.

They were great in each port. Naples - got us right to the towns so we could start exploring. The trip to Pompeii and the guide we had was fantastic. In France our guide was amazing. She took us through town, took photos of us whenever needed and made sure we didn't miss a thing. In La Spezia our guide was awesome as well, handling the winding, twisting roads with no issues. 

All tours were easy to meet up with and all got us back to the ship in plenty of time. 

We definitely recommend and we used again. 

Has anyone who has used them NOT been able to have them fill the van so it either cost more or was cancelled?  So far we are just three people in the van. The roll call is really quiet although I did post the info there.  Cruise is not for about 9 months. 

It took a while, but all 3 of my tours filled.  I kept posting on my Facebook group and eventually it filled.  I was worried and emailed them a couple times but they said be patient it takes a while.  All 3 tours were excellent l.  I highly recommend them.

2 hours ago, dickinson said:

Has anyone who has used them NOT been able to have them fill the van so it either cost more or was cancelled?  So far we are just three people in the van. The roll call is really quiet although I did post the info there.  Cruise is not for about 9 months. 

We did a cruise last year out of Southampton, UK to the Canaries. We booked thru the sister company SpainDayTours and the tours didn't fill up. We were not notified until about a week before and scrambled to find an alternative.

However, also do a search for your cruise on that other major social media site (FB). CruiseCritic is dying a slow death in the social media world and very few people go to the roll calls. Let people on that other group know about your tour.

30 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

We did a cruise last year out of Southampton, UK to the Canaries. We booked thru the sister company SpainDayTours and the tours didn't fill up. We were not notified until about a week before and scrambled to find an alternative.

However, also do a search for your cruise on that other major social media site (FB). CruiseCritic is dying a slow death in the social media world and very few people go to the roll calls. Let people on that other group know about your tour.

Thanks. I did but someone else has a different tour listed. For various reasons I prefer mine. 

I recently went on the Pompeii, Sorrento, and the Amalfi Coast shared tour. It was an exceptional tour. There were 4 in our party, and we shared a van for a total of 10 passengers. Prior to our trip, I worked with Ria to get everything booked and she made it a breeze. Our guide was Chiara and our driver was Francisco. They were both exceptional. We first headed to the coast and Sorrento where we had lunch at a nice seaside restaurant that Chiara recommended. We had plenty of free time to shop and sample the Limoncello! Once in Pompeii we met a certified guide that showed us through the tour. Francisco stopped along the way at all the great photo ops. His driving was amazing. Yes, the traffic they mention is real and he made his way through it smoothly. We arrived back at the ship in plenty of time. It was great seeing the big bus tours and being thankful we made the right choice by going with Italytours.EU! This was a day that will remain in my heart forever! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, charterchick said:

I recently went on the Pompeii, Sorrento, and the Amalfi Coast shared tour. It was an exceptional tour. There were 4 in our party, and we shared a van for a total of 10 passengers. Prior to our trip, I worked with Ria to get everything booked and she made it a breeze. Our guide was Chiara and our driver was Francisco. They were both exceptional. We first headed to the coast and Sorrento where we had lunch at a nice seaside restaurant that Chiara recommended. We had plenty of free time to shop and sample the Limoncello! Once in Pompeii we met a certified guide that showed us through the tour. Francisco stopped along the way at all the great photo ops. His driving was amazing. Yes, the traffic they mention is real and he made his way through it smoothly. We arrived back at the ship in plenty of time. It was great seeing the big bus tours and being thankful we made the right choice by going with Italytours.EU! This was a day that will remain in my heart forever! 

Glad you had a great time.  Their description shows going to Pompeii first.  Did the driver decide to go to Sorrento first and Pompeii later?  Were you on any roll calls where you advertised the tour to others or did Italy tours get the rest of the people from strangers (to you) who had contacted them?

I have 3 tours booked for next year. One of them is the Mount Etna and Toarmino from Messina. The itinerary says you get to go to the top of Mount Etna but reviews on this thread say they only spent 5 minutes at the bottom. Can anyone confirm you do actually go to the top of Etna? Thanks