Akaroa vs Christchurch?

Kylie

Depends on what you would like to see and do.

Akaroa is a fairly small town, but it does have a few options. There's the Giant's Garden, a cheese factory, and dolphin boat tours. It's a bit different to other NZ towns because of the French history/heritage, so you might just want to take a walk around town. It's not a big town, so the walk won't take all day.

Chch is much larger, and has quite a few more things to do. The Antarctic Centre is good. I haven't been there for several years, so I'm not sure what has & hasn't re-opened since the earthquake.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

We filled a very pleasant, leisurely day in Akaroa by going on a dolphin cruise around the harbour which was excellent and then taking in the sights of this very pretty little town. My husband and I still think it would be an excellent place to retire to. If you want more to do, then Christchurch can provide considerably more options.

There was a radio news item that the dolphins put on a wonderful display in the harbour yesterday to the delight of cruise ship passengers.....that would have been Celebrity Solstice .

Evidently the water is warming up and the dolphins love it.:D