Cozumel question

PinkMEB

Just got back from Coz myself. We were on RCI Legend of the Seas sailing DEC 3, 05. We tendered in to the downtown pier right where all the waterfront shops are. They have cleaned up most of it very well and the shops looked great. The places that were still being worked on or had been destroyed and not rebuilt were hidden behind plywood and you could hear them working behind it.

After shopping for a couple of hours we took a taxi out to Paradise Beach $13 for 4 of us. The beach was in great shape and all the water toys available to use. Their bathroom building had been destroyed and removed and they have brought in trailers for bathroom and changing until they can rebuild. We had a great afternoon there. Food was good as well as the massage I got. You must bring cash at this time as they are not taking credit cards as not all of the phone lines have been repaired in that area and they can't call out for credit checks.

Kathy in northern Maine

I agree with everything Butterfinger said and would like to add my 2 cents.

We booked a snorkel boat with a vendor on the pier and went out on the water. I was shocked at the damage to the buidings on the shore! I knew it was bad, but wow...to see it in person! Our tour guide kept saying everything was "broken". I asked about the airplane that was near El Cid and he said it was "broken and washed out to sea". So sad.

I was amazed at the pride the people of Cozumel showed and many of the vendors said President Fox is spending lots of money to repair Cozumel. I would not hesitate to get off the ship in Cozumel, even if it is to just walk around and visit the shops and talk to the people of Cozumel.

We just got back Monday from Tampa - we did a back to back on the Grandeur and went to Cozemel twice! We had a great time - although I wasn't mentally prepared for the devastation. The people were all so appreciative to have us there! We too went to Paradise Beach. Just be careful, we found a lot of broken glass in the water. We were told by our taxi driver, on the way back to the pier, it was the best beach on the island right now. Playa Mia hasn't gotten cleaned up quite yet, but it is open. There is also a little bar, I think it's call the No-Name bar that a bunch of the crew frequent that was untouched by the hurricane.

Enjoy! Janet :)

Just got back from Coz myself. We were on RCI Legend of the Seas sailing DEC 3, 05. We tendered in to the downtown pier right where all the waterfront shops are. They have cleaned up most of it very well and the shops looked great. The places that were still being worked on or had been destroyed and not rebuilt were hidden behind plywood and you could hear them working behind it.

After shopping for a couple of hours we took a taxi out to Paradise Beach $13 for 4 of us. The beach was in great shape and all the water toys available to use. Their bathroom building had been destroyed and removed and they have brought in trailers for bathroom and changing until they can rebuild. We had a great afternoon there. Food was good as well as the massage I got. You must bring cash at this time as they are not taking credit cards as not all of the phone lines have been repaired in that area and they can't call out for credit checks.

Kathy in northern Maine

You mentioned you got a massage - was it on the beach or in the spa? How much $$$?

Archived