If and why?

Twinzma

I just lost my mother to stage four brain cancer in October. Our last cruise together was a couple of years ago as she was slowing down.

We've talked many times about the cruises and trips we've taken and we are both in agreement that our favorite cruise was our south America cruise on the NCL Sun. We love the aft PHs and had 9076 both Sun cruises. I don't know if I will ever take a cruise that tops that one. For many reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. I recently lost my Father then my Aunt. It's so hard to loose the loved ones we looked up to all our lives. Stay strong and know she is at peace and watching over you.

It was a NCL excursion out of Punta Arenas. Bus to airport. Plane to Antarctica. Wonderful catered meals onboard. Came with a NCL Antarctica red parka. Awesome day. Only about 1/3 of the excursions happen due to weather prohibitting landing on gravel airstrip on Antarctica. I was told many times that decision is made while sitting on the tarmac ready to take off.

Thank you for the information.

The Baltics or northern European Capitals is a wonderful trip....but I agree with others:

If you had been planning on taking the kids to Alaska, then it was presumably something you were all looking forward to experiencing together.

So go and experience it, while you're all together.

And the added benefit is knowing that in the US & Canada you can get emergency care if it's needed. Moreso than some of the other ports.

Then again, our South American cruise was very memorable - mountains + food + culture + penguins! We added on a day in Brazil too.