Didn't buy the drink package - stupid mistake!

Just got off the 9 day Southern Caribbean on the Navigator.

Partner and I both like to drink and have a good time...a few margaritas by the pool, wine with dinner, cocktails in the evening til we get tired. You know the deal...

Went into the cruise with 400 OBC. In the weeks before the cruise I noticed on the RCCL cruise planner that they were offering the drink package for 44$ a person per day. With my OBC that would have worked out to about 540$ total. For whatever reason, I said ehhh what if we decide not to drink a few days especially towards the end it won't pay for itself.

Flash forward to the cruise...the drink package would have paid for itself by Day 4!

Note to self: NEVER do another cruise without buying the drink package in advance with the discount offered! (Already booked 9 days in May on the Anthem...and already pre-purchased the drink package for $41 day per person!)

The only possible negative, is you may have a few more drinks then you would if you were paying for each drink , but we are on vacation , we would have a few glasses of wine with lunch and dinner and a few drinks in between and after, considering all the double 18 year old Chevis Regals we drank I do not think they made a profit off of us , only time we had it that we maybe should not have done it was Europe cruise with almost no sea days and 10 hour tours