Which airport if sail out of Galveston TX?

Hi everyone,

I am planning a cruise and have a couple questions that I hope someone can help me. Which airport is the closest to the port in Galveston? How far is it from the airport to the port? I know it is not recommended but we plan to fly in/out the same day we embark/disembark. Is it doable if we fly in early and fly out late in the day?

Thanks in advance for all the help,

John

Hi everyone,

I am planning a cruise and have a couple questions that I hope someone can help me. Which airport is the closest to the port in Galveston? How far is it from the airport to the port? I know it is not recommended but we plan to fly in/out the same day we embark/disembark. Is it doable if we fly in early and fly out late in the day?

Thanks in advance for all the help,

John

Closest is Houston Hobby (HOU), around 45 minutes away from the port. Southwest has many flights to Hobby.

Sure, it's doable, but not recommended.

We used Galveston Limousine for transportation to and from Hobby in Sept. Great service both ways. We are using them again in Feb when we go out of Galveston again.

Enjoy your cruise!

JoeRum

I just looked up that limo service. It says that you can take 2 suitcases plus a carry on. They say that you add the height, width & length, they can't be over 30", one large suitcase is over that size, are they strict on this? If so it is an extra $20.00 per suitcase.

I would never fly in day of. But have flown out of HOB twice on debarkation day. Traffic is usually very light as it's either a Saturday or Sunday.

I always shop transport via limos.com. I have used them in TX twice and FL 7-8 times. They have always worked out well.