Westerdam 7 Nights Dress Code?

ehough

Sorry to ask another silly question, but I'm having a hard time finding a straight answer (my father is the one who booked the cruise for all of us, so I'm having some issues getting the information I need! I'm not sure if I can contact HAL myself, given that I didn't make the booking....)

Anyway, does anyone know what the breakdown of nights by dress code will be for a 7 night Alaskan cruise on the Westerdam? As in, how many formal, informal, casual?

Perhaps more importantly, what falls under each category? I know you can't wear jeans, shorts, or t-shirts at any time in the dining room, but as a 22 year old, I'm not really up to date on what the difference is between casual and informal, and informal and formal :D If you could give me some examples of what would fall under each, that would be great. There's shopping to be done!

If you can't wear jeans, shorts, or t-shirts in the dining room, I'm assuming this means for lunch as well? I was under the impression that the dress codes were more for the night activities, but the wording I saw is that those articles of clothing are not allowed in the dining room, period.

Thanks for any help!

I am your age, i have seen MANY types of dress in the dining room.

The dress code is usually for the evening.

There are 2 formal (think long dresses, short dressy ones, tuxes or black suits)

1 informal (cocktail dress, little black dress, satin trousers, men: suit or blazer)

4 casual (sun dresses, skirts, linen pants, "counrtry club" wear)

usually, for formal nights, i will wear long dresses, my husband will wear a black suit.

on semi-formal, i wear a short dress and he will wear the same suit with a colored shirt

and casual, i will wear a sundress and he will wear khaki pants and a blazer or polo shirt.

During lunch in the dining room, you can wear capri's, shorts, etc just no bathing suits, cover ups or things like that.

hope that helps!

The above advice from LolaWiz is right on target. The only thing I would change is the weight of the clothes---you said you're going to Alaska. Think the same style, but a slightly more "winter" version.

When you get your documents there will be a page inside that gives the exact total of each type of night. But do remember that it is still subject to change.

Also remember that the dress code is for the entire evening---not just the dining room. HAL requests that you remain dressed to code while out and about in the public areas.

Now, if you decide to go out on deck to enjoy the late light you may want to change or add a jacket.

Enjoy your cruise to "The Great Land". It truly is.

Archived