Lobster or Lobster roll N E and Canada

hunt182644

I live in Halifax, and one of my favourite seafood restaurants close to the cruise port is McKelvie’s. If you are renting a car and driving towards Peggy’s Cove, then I recommend a small family restaurant called Shaw’s Landing on Prospect a Road in West Dover. Charming, rustic, no frills, great seafood and friendly service! They have a lobster grilled cheese sandwich to die for. Just saying [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Way too inconvenient for many of us to bother seeing we only have the one day in Halifax unless doing a Collectors, or b -to b as DH and I always did. There is so much good food in Halifax near tthe ship, why bother? Not me . :)

Edited by sail7seas

I personaLLy prefer a whole steamed lobster to a lobster roll. Halifax has wonderful fresh, steamed lobsters for a great lunch. Just this minute I have a brain freeze on the name of the restaurant wherew we had our lobsters. We walked alonggthe sewsall when we e xited the terminal, (turn right) and came to a great restaurantr with a large outeoor patio for lunching on a beaurriful day. We could justr about see the ship form our lunch talbe. :) Hopefully the name will come to me.

Hello! Maybe you are thinking of The Bicycle Thief on the Halifax Waterfront? It is a wonderful restaurant (not cheap) with consistently good food. Very popular all year around!