MIA Hotel recommendations

sea_loving_couple

Hey all, in a month we will be staying in MIA for 3rd time. The first two times are hit and miss for us. We found a great little hotel in south beach last time, but we want something closer to the cruise ports. One time we stayed on the highway and it sucked. I'm not looking for anything expensive. We are looking to stay in Miami for two days, 1 day before cruise and 1 day after cruise. Any suggestions on a great moderately priced hotel? I want something close to the ports as last time cab fare was expensive going across town. But we like miami and want to be in the action. Any ideas?

In downtown, closer to POM, the Mary Brickell area is very popular - lots of local dining, shopping and nightlife. Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites and other hotels are located in the area. Even closer to the port are hotels like the Hyatt, Intercontinental, Doubletree, and various Marriott brands.

Taxi from MIA to downtown hotels will run about $26+ or you could Uber/Lyft for about $15+

We spend about one week in Miami each year before a cruise.

They are all within about one mile of each other.

Close to the Port:

Intercontinental

Marriott Maquis (about four years old)

Holiday Inn (some like it but I would recommend the other two)

Hyatt (I like the location better of the first three even though it is close by)

These hotels are about five minutes from the port. Near restaurants and CVS Pharmacy which is good to pick up last minute items and near a Whole Foods.

About 10 minutes from the port or maybe 15 depending on traffic but relatively close so no worries.

JW Marriott

Conrad Hilton

East Miami (relative new hotel so doesn't get mentioned much and is near the new Brickell Centre. More on Brickell in a moment.)

And then just another few minutes away

Hampton Inn (a lot of value here. It is not a full service hotel but it is a nice Hampton and includes breakfast) This one might be good for you based on what you posted.

The last group of hotels I have mentioned starting with Mandarin Oriental and ending with Hampton Inn are near lots of restaurants.

There is Mary Brickell Village and right near there are lots of restaurants (for Italian I like Perricone's) and also near two CVS Pharmacies (JW Marriott right next to a 24 hour one) and near Publix (there are two in the area) where you can pick up lots of last minute items.

Then there is the new Brickell Centre which opened last in 2016. Lots of stores and restaurants.

Keith

We bid on Priceline for January 5 and won Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay has anyone ever stayed here

I have stayed at the next door Doubletree. Quiet area, some rooms offer a view of the port, several local dining options nearby. Short trip from there to POM. Have a great cruise! :cool: