Aft cabin - which is best?

JKAMAM

On some of the ships, Triumph for sure, the two outside cabins on deck 6 and deck 8 are wider than the middle cabins so a longer balcony. The problem with deck 8 cabins is that the lido deck is above and some people have mentioned that they often find garbage and such on their balcony from people tossing it above.

I have sailed in extended aft balcony cabins on both of the Dream's sister ships, Magic and Breeze. I preferred the middle since the balcony was a bit deeper.

I first had one on deck 7. Total sun nearly all day and little to no breeze made it uncomfortably warm for me.

Tried deck 9, directly under the Lido overhang, and found it much more comfortable. Though still no breeze we had partial shade most of the day.

All of those cruises were in high summer. The sun might not be such an issue in cooler months.

You can't beat the view.

On some of the ships, Triumph for sure, the two outside cabins on deck 6 and deck 8 are wider than the middle cabins so a longer balcony. The problem with deck 8 cabins is that the lido deck is above and some people have mentioned that they often find garbage and such on their balcony from people tossing it above.

We might be going with deck 7.

Have always had a balcony room for our cruises. Decided to try an aft balcony and absolutely love it. The middle was the best but all are good rooms. Deck 7 was all sun. Deck 9 was mostly shade cause of overhang which you don't have on lower decks. However, Deck 9 was under the aft pool and there was a lot of nightly noise. Be aware it is very quiet otherwise and is away from most all the action. A long walk to front. Elevators and stairs are close. Don't think you can pick a bad room. Have fun!