Beware OBC !

grammy c

i am sure this has been discussed before, but just be aware the OBCs given by NCL are not good for daily service gratuities. Also if you were given obc by you TA and you do not use them on ship products, you will lose them. Check you bill daily and SPEND all that is showing. They WILL NOT go back on your credit card. Buy anything in the shops to use them up, or lose them.

Every line you can use it for grats.

Believe this or not, we had 925.00 obc and we still had to pay 315.00 to Not lose them. This was on the Pearl, and because of the timing of their acct. dept. actually crediting our acct. there was no way to track what was being taken from either non ref. Or refundable. Not a new cruiser, but not a big NCL cruiser, so it took me a while to get the gist of what was happening. Also it took calling TA from the ship to actually get the promised invoiced obcs from ncl. Then at the end,had to get the concierge to navigate the bill and talk directly to accounting. The biggest deal, was that with all the delayed action from the ship acct. dept. they started actually charging our credit card daily for DSC only to have to re credit it in the end. A major mess. Was told later that quite a few people involved were new. We came away very flustered. Other than this business we had a wonderful 50 anniversary, on a great ship, wonderful crew and delicious food. Superb attention to our celebration and would like to commend all involved. This whole post was started, only to say that do not wait till the bitter end to really read the bill. One other point, is that this was a b2b which further confused the situation. Lessons were learned this cruise, just passing it along.

thanks and great advise. I am surprised you had a problem with this. We have been on the Pearl more than once and only had one problem with billing. Actually now that you mention it, it was our last cruise just about a month ago. The excursion desk gal (maybe one of the new ones) just couldn't get anything straight when it came to billing.

We are going on our cruise next week and with our package we had OBC plus a small excursion credit. When talking to an NCL excursion representative via telephone I was told while reserving a cabana at the private island that I would get a 15% discount on the cost because I was a latitude member plus I could also apply my OBC and excursion credit to the cost of the cabana. Sounds good to me but we'll see. Just thought I'd share this with everyone.