Silhouette Convention Center Embarkation

mackjack9139

I just got off the phone w/Celebrity. This process will continue until March. I'll get notification from X about 10 days prior to our sail date in Feb. Our only hope is that they have the process smoothed out by then.

We always do walk off & take a taxi from the port to FLL airport. Does anyone know if we'll be required to put our bags out the night before and search for them before boarding a shuttle to FLL?

They used Terminal 29 and all went as expected last Sunday. Easy disembarkation except for the bag that someone didn't bother to read the tags on and thought was theirs.

My understanding is the convention center was a one time thing. In fact, when I spoke to the marketing manager at the convention center about the issues with registering for the connections party, she said it was a one time thing.

We had notice well in advance. Don't sweat it. Really.

Yes, we had to sit and wait a bit. We visited and made the best of it. From the time they called our number until we boarded was just a few minutes, and the ride was only 10 minutes. Then we were on the ship and all was well.

I board again Feb 18 and disembark March 4. I already expect March 4 to be an issue, since those starting their cruise March 4 have been told they will embark in Miami. Celebrity is offering transfers from FLL to port of Miami at no cost to those effected.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We always do walk off & take a taxi from the port to FLL airport. Does anyone know if we'll be required to put our bags out the night before and search for them before boarding a shuttle to FLL?

I did walk off after the terrible embarkation and it went normally. Put packed bags into the closet at 7:30 and told the room steward I was done in there, went to breakfast, grabbed the bags a bit after 8 and walked off the ship straight into a cab.